Thread: Greetings from across the pond

Greetings from across the pond

I am simply one of very many fans of the Porsche name and have interest from early vehicles through to the modern stuff. My reasons for joining all you folks in the Early 911S Registry stems from my owning a 356B which I'm sure you will be pleased to hear is now powered by a '73 2.4 911 engine with a 915 trans to help it down the road. I am a member of the 356 registry but my car is modified to such a degree that there is really nothing that they promote which is of any interest to me. They specify that my car is an outlaw and I quote those who couldn't care less how their cars came out of the factory. Not the nicest of terms but it just confirms their desires that all 356's should be as near to a Pebble Beach concours candidate as can be with every nut bolt and washer exactly as the poor thing emerged from the Zuffenhausen factory. So my car is a modified 356 and I do feel my allegiances are closer to your organisation than to the 356 Registry lot. I do have a 911 which is a '86 Carrera SSE wide body with only a few modifications, sports exhaust, Goodridge brake hoses, polished Fuchs but I have a real desire to build up a canyon carver and I have my eyes on a candidate, an early SC which has been sitting in a garage semi dismantled for the last 15 years. Not for sale, yet.
    So that is my early stuff, for modern kit my wife terrorises everybody in her '18 Macan turbo and although I have test driven a Taycan I would never, ever, ever consider owning such a beast, we just call them sporting milk floats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Over here now ignatzcats ... Looks like one hell'of'a ride.... Welcome
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter