Thread: 991.1 GTS PDK vs 991.2 GT3 Touring

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar

991.1 GTS PDK vs 991.2 GT3 Touring

Greetings,

I am struggled here. I have as daily driver (for real) a 991.1 GTS PDK with comfort plus seats, 3.8 NA 430HP 2WD.
    Since I own it back in Feb. 2021, I put 12 000km (7500miles) on it since.
    I use that car for everyday use : shopping, going to work, roadtrips, race tracks etc. That is brillant car that do it all superbly and the engine sound is stunning. I bought that GTS because I could not find, back that time, a GT3 Touring checking my list (comfort seats, bright chrome external trim, no dark glasses, front axle lift etc.).

I like very much my indian red with center lock black wheels GTS.

That said, last weekend, doing a track day with the GTS at Charade Race track (brillant), I had a short drive to Porsche at Clermont Ferrand and... a graphite blue GT3 Touring with bright trim, sliver wheels, pepita interior is there, sitting in the showroom. Awesome.
    Start a chat with the sale guy and now I have a quite good commercial proposal in hand - swapping my GTS to the GT3 Touring with additional money to fill the gap. Deal seems ok to me, in theory.

However, my GTS is a very cool car that do it all, really : the ride is stunning both on highways, mountain passes or on race tracks; PDK suis well the engine and chassis, it can be either silent and comfy or on race mode and noisy. Got seats at the back, where people like to be seated (am 99.5% alone in my car) ; drive the GTS on a daily basis to the office mixing traffic jam and nice curvy roads. Red color is not discret but cool.

The GT3 Touring is awesome, and to my eyes, the best ever looking modern 911. The engine is a piece of jewelry and sounds like perfection (Matra V12 is nb 1), the ride is stiffer and has a manual gearbox which is a must in a GT3 (my opinion) - that one is far more discret than the red GTS.

The point is : I cannot make my mind - Is the GT3 Touring will better fit my own use of my current GTS...if not no point to swap.
    Remember, I have driven the GTS 7500 miles in 6 months.

Any views ? Experiences ?

Cheers
    Xavier

IMG_4485.jpgCapture d’écran 2021-07-28 à 09.12.47.jpg
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Sounds like you are happy with the GTS but the siren's song of GT3T is creating angst. If you really want the GT3T for the track, go for it. If not I'd keep the red one.
    Last edited by steve shea; 07-28-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

no question what to do, if you can afford…
    be sure it meets your visioned specs, you only buy once…

enjoy
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

a friend will sell his 991 gt3 touring after he gets his 992 gt3 touring delivered - it's a boring combo triple black 3.000 kms on the odo

I made my mind - going GT3 Touring pack - get delivery of her next week.
    Cheers all.

Xavier
    Last edited by Xavier PJB; 09-06-2021 at 12:15 AM.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier PJB View Post
    I finale made my mind - going GT3 Touring pack - get delivery of her next week.
    Nice choice. All cars around here are super expensive to buy with the usual high Porsche maintenance costs.

A local dealer offered me $10K over the price that I bought the car. Not kidding. It's a weird world.

Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

I bought it from a Porsche Dealer, and the deal offered was quite fair.
    To be honest, the GT3 is a blast. There is the Carrera range and the GT range, two worlds. The 991.1 GTS was a very good car doing it all, being a Panamera like on highways and very loud and efficient on tracks. But the GT3 is pure, hardcore quite confortable on road and a nirvana on back roads, the torque with the manual 6 speed gearbox is awesome. It is a very usable daily car, made 3500 km in a month with.
    The only point with the GT3 it is demanding and a temptress, below 4000rpm, she wants you to rev, and keep asking. IT could frustrating as is, the only way is to go on track from time to time and give her what she wants : hardcore.

In that way, my GT3 Touring pack (Nickname Sabine, in memory of the Queen of the Nurburgring) is very comparable with my 911L/S : demanding.
    simple steering wheel, manual shifter, a revy engine, hard on suspensions, always wanting more, braking hard - the grip is a bit different though

Love them both (even if the web is in my hearth forever), love them all.
    IMG_5878 (1).jpgIMG_5863 (1).jpg69BD4736-AB51-490D-9FA3-E8B871BAFE7A (1).jpg
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Xavier,
    Those tyres look pretty 'un scrubbed'
    Obviously prior to "track time"
    Mark

The pics are taken while I was taking owner of her and on my way home ( 600km) - Rubbers were brand new.
    However, I did enroll for 2 tracks days : October 1st at Le Mans and October 3rd at Charade.

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Xavier,
    Those tyres look pretty 'un scrubbed'
    Obviously prior to "track time"
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407