Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: 1969 911E Soft Window Targa for Sale in St Louis MO

That’s an impressive option list. Good luck!

Not an option but thought I’d add the kardex. Some interesting items that differ from the COA.7B5AF55F-B56A-4E4F-B39E-25F1CC8F22D3.jpg

Did the soft window sell

Quote Originally Posted by jdevil325 View Post
    I'm pleased to offer for sale my 1969 911E SWT exclusively here on the Registry through the end of August. These soft windows are very rare, especially LWB examples. She was ordered by Lieutenant Edward Jaeger of the US Army, completed on November 8, 1968 and delivered on the 11th to Zweibricken Air Base in Germany. Finished in its original Polo w/ Black leatherette this is a matching numbers example with several options...Factory Soft Top, fog lights, sport seats, tinted glass and ski rack. The car retains its matching numbers motor and 1969 MFI and also its original 901 transmission. After a 2nd owner, also from Columbus Ohio, the car was sold to a gentleman in Maryland in 1987. The car was acquired by Jim Bach, owner of Bach Racecraft in Verona Wisconsin in 2006-7. Jim brought the 911 back to life with Glasurit, sheet metal, brakes, carpeting and a new soft rear window. I acquired her in Oct. 2011. All is documented and includes the kardex, COA, and Manufacturers Statement of Origin.

I've tried to improve the car while maintaining originality wherever possible. A top end was done over the winter of 2014-15, new Interstates in 2018, H1's in 2019 (John Audette I believe), and in June 4 new Michelin XWX's, a Dansk muffler, New front suspension with strut housings and inserts and more. I wouldn't hesitate and I haven't, to get in and go anywhere. She has been to South Carolina, the Tail of the Dragon 2x's, multiple Parades and the Palooza in Arkansas. There are some $22k in receipts in the car's file.

The interior is in excellent condition...the sport seats were refreshed at Autos International, there are no cracks in the dash and heater, lights and mechanicals work as expected. Two items, the radio turns on to 'snow' and the clock keeps great time when the motor is on. I've not been too bothered by these issues. For anyone who has driven a SWT on a bright sunny day they know what the experience is like with the motor's sounds at full throat and air flowing through the interior.

The exterior has similar high marks...paint looks good, gaps seem right. There are two items to mention...at the Parade in 2018 a Cayenne threw up a stone that scarred the upper front windshield on the far passenger side about an inch from the roof line. I've had it looked at by a glass service and they were 50/50 if they could do anything to the glass. It has been three years and the scar has not changed so I've lived with it. The second item is the wheels...they have not been done...from the photos they are very presentable but the car would definitely improve after a restoration.

The motor is very healthy, typically fires on first try even after a week or more of sitting and without smoking. Within a minute or so she is at 7-800 revs with no assistance. The transmission is smooth in each gear. Steering has really been improved by the new suspension work, not that it was ever questionable but is now at a new level of precision.

Price...In 2011 the ask was $90k and I paid $80k. In 2018 I tried the BAT route, I wanted to reserve it at 120k, BAT said $112.5 and the auction peaked at $99k. BAT has had a couple of crazy results the past couple of months with '67S SWT's ($427k and $301k) both extremely well done but also a sign that SWT's are very desirable. Mine is not an iconic '67S or even a LWB S, only an 'E' and unlike the $301k car, my top and rear window zipper both work. I also see the new posting in Zurich of a base '68 911 SWT for $187k. My asking is $150,000.

Please call me directly with any questions at 314-478-7578. Pictures to follow.

Joe Delleville

Joe did you sell the soft window targa? Sorry if it says so somewhere in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jcbfff View Post
    Joe did you sell the soft window targa? Sorry if it says so somewhere in the thread.
    Yes, car sold last August. It went back to the previous owners.