Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9113600038

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Not sure why they didn’t revert to use other oil cooler for RS — by then trombone were the production solution on most 2.4 S so possibly simple as following the MY 73 cooling norm? Possibly the trombone was also right balance of weight Vs cooling for cars they had to weigh to prove less than 900kg. Frankly just guessing.

I’ve got the original factory parts list for m491 but I’ve never checked part number for m491 cooler. Clearly the upgrade was permitted as part of the 491 conversion — the work was expensive sms expensive.

For U.K. RS like mine the trombone works fine— 30c here is regarded as unusually hot day ans I’ve never had temp concern. Maybe good don’t have to have other solution I read some coolers nos can be hard to find / expensive. I wouldn’t know but maybe also more vulnerable to stone damage thank simple trombone?

Regarding my friend I would need to have a word before saying more as want to be respectful of privacy. I wouldn’t want him to feel I was sharing of his family affairs and car details on open www beyond the few generalities I’ve already mentioned so far… especially as he is less in tbe Porsche scene these days.

There is no problem in waiting for the confirmation of the owner to be able to tell the story but at another point. I'm still interested in the porsche family home. Could you tell me some detail about it? I never heard a story like that.

Just something I think I’ve heard but can’t be sure where. Not a big island so maybe what I remember hearing is incorrect as probably would’ve been known to locals. Maybe I’m thinking of another island ?

maybe! if anyone remembers something feel free to comment! I still have to investigate it better but I don't see anything. If I know that there was a special car that was sent for a symphony director. Maybe that is the story you heard? although I don't think so.

Just a vague memory so could be wrong. Well known they had a place zell am see

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Just a vague memory so could be wrong. Well known they had a place zell am see

Thanks again. Know a little more about the history. Of the little that I can contribute regarding Germans and Tenerife is that many came here in the 70's ... Many, I mean, bought areas of Tenerife to build "German" developments there ... Good properties, people from money....

"A close friend of Ferry Porsche resides in Gran Canaria, the tenor Justus Frantz.
    He used to come to his friend's house every summer, and he gave him gifts like a 911 speedster that is still on the island, and a 959 with a unique sound system, so that he would listen to his works well."
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3865...omment_mention

Name:  79495479_10220947460777677_2316377554673467392_n.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  75.4 KBName:  78269641_10220947461377692_1496052935874838528_n.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  82.6 KBName:  78563375_10220947461657699_1478431642837057536_n.jpg
Size:  88.1 KBName:  30412187_1255828017883665_6855695332668342272_n.jpg
Size:  62.3 KB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3865...2080399479110/

"The history of this unit is quite curious. Direct gift from the son of Ferdinand Porsche to the Polish-born composer Justus Frantz (who also had in his possession a 959 that may still be there, on his estate in Monte León ... who knows), to later be acquired by the current owner, who has it in a really magazine condition.But let's go back in time, which is what's cool. The 356 Speedster was a model so appreciated by the porsch fans of the time, that shortly after the 911 came out, some crazy owners gave it a shot because the brand did not yet offer that variant for its new flagship model. .
    It was not until the mid-1980s that the development of the 911 Speedster began to be officially studied by the brand.
    Driven by the president of Porsche at that time, Peter Schutz, several prototypes were made using the Cabriolet as a base, including a fairly low front window, which went from front to back, more or less at the height of the seats, providing some of side protection for the occupants.
    The car is presented in its final form at the 1987 Frankfurt Motor Show using its Clubsport configuration (ultra rare to see), which basically consisted of removing its front window and placing an iron that made the car become a single seater (seriously, look for it because inside the weird it is brutal).
    Finally, in January 1989, the first units would begin to be produced, both those with a narrow body and the “turbolook”, using the base of the Carrera 3.2. A production that would last only until July of that same year.
    Of the 2104 units produced, 823 went to the US, 139 were built with the right hand drive and only 171 were ordered with the narrow body, the turbolook being the most requested. There was also an option to order it in a “flat nose” format, but very few models were equipped with this configuration.
    It became the last swan song of the G Series, ushering in the next generation of 911s ... the 964s, of which an even rarer-to-see Speedster version was also developed.
    Finally, we want to thank its owner for the treatment received, as well as the guided tour of his business, Raptor Boats, which also served as the setting for the photos that you will enjoy below. Especially a server will be eternally grateful.
    Porsche 911 Speedster (G series), Gran Canaria."

WP0ZZZ91ZKS151482

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3865...2080399479110/

Sorry for the off topic. But maybe, it's the story you were telling ...

Name:  as.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  74.9 KB

They also say that Piech had a house in Puerto de la Cruz ... I'm investigating this.

+

According to another story, the house belongs to Ferninad's daughter, and not to the tenor ... I'm still investigating this.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 08-05-2021 at 06:51 AM.

I found something else. It turns out that it is something known. In the group of classic cars it was commented 3 days ago ... Rare the fact of the coincidence but nothing to highlight. Attached photo of the possible location of a house of the Porsche family in Tenerife.
    In the comments of the publication you can see the information that refers to the property of the family

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3865...5682220118902/
    Last edited by _gonbau; 08-05-2021 at 01:03 PM.

My comment was an aside …I hope the family’s privacy is respected .

Do not illustrate the house for that very fact! I hope the image is not specific! It is a wide area of ​​Tenerife! Salds!