Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: 911S 02-1967 - 306497S - german restoration 350km

Quote Originally Posted by rhegen View Post
    ... You have to decide to paint the srews or the bolts....
    not so sure about this...

anyways it looks to be a solid car,but not concours as you tagged it( some here are pretty sensitive when someone does this)GLWS

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    it almost look like you didn't apply undercoating in the wheel wells, trunk and engine bay or are the pictures misleading?

BTW easy changes to make it a little more 67, could be the air cleaner (70?) and cooling fan assembly?

Good luck w the sale. The price seems to be fair.

Richard
    We did not use that undercoating. We use a special extreme hard paint for that areas. Wheel wells (and a lot of other areas with rust problems) are additionally coated with transparent perma film. As I described there was special work done to prevent rust. If you use that old undercoaiting you make the same mistake Porsche made in the 60s.
    Attached two pictures of my other SWB. That was the first one which I finished 2007 and driven out on much rallys including rain. And I do not dry my cars after that! Same rust prevention here. This car is special because it has some modifications. So please do not look at srew colors or what should be galvanizised.

IMAG3718.jpg
    IMAG3704.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    not so sure about this...

anyways it looks to be a solid car,but not concours as you tagged it( some here are pretty sensitive when someone does this)GLWS
    So I change it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhegen View Post
    Really good eyes!!! The black around the door panels was left because a lot of people in europe do not like it. But thats no problem to add as it was also second paint original. The four holes was left as it was already a well done body work and we do not want to change it back.
    Europeans also do not like the black under the engine grill? As said above, solid example, just the details

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    Europeans also do not like the black under the engine grill? As said above, solid example, just the details
    Hi Jules,
    so you are 100% right until 1966. But from 1967 it was different. Some are painted black under the grill and some not. I do not know why but thats for sure. I knew that directly from Porsche Classic restoration center.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    Black paint under the engine grill has been discussed here a few times, here's one. We also determined that for my restoration that we would not paint the area black.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...nt-under-grill

rhegen: In regards to Porsche Classic, I don't think there are many here that considers them to be the final word on correctness... they (Porsche Classic) visit here on a very regular basis. Very nice car! Price certainly seems fair, and good to see some of the restoration photo's.

now on PCAR Market

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Black paint under the engine grill has been discussed here a few times, here's one. We also determined that for my restoration that we would not paint the area black.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...nt-under-grill

rhegen: In regards to Porsche Classic, I don't think there are many here that considers them to be the final word on correctness... they (Porsche Classic) visit here on a very regular basis. Very nice car! Price certainly seems fair, and good to see some of the restoration photo's.
    Sale ends today, it's an interesting comparison to the Bahama car with Sunroof.

Same thought. I am also exited what they bid for my car. Mine has no sunroof and only polored but I think much better in quality of restoration. Also I think 305 was a price for someone who loves that colour!!

I still must smile when I read "The black around the door panels was left because a lot of people in europe do not like it". Never heard that one before, pretty creative :-)
    Mike, member #841

Curious to know who the original owner in Toronto was?
    Brent
    '70 911S
    '68 TR250