In the process of purchasing my first Porsche - '77 911s. Numbers show it to still have a 2.7L engine. Odometer is showing 160k+ miles... So my first question is there any chance this engine could still be on the road without it having had the through bolts fixed already, the air box not have been blown, or some other unknown upgrade I am not aware of? I just cant think this engine has had to have been redone for it to still be on the road.

The dealer has actually said he isnt even sure the Odom is even accurate and that it could be many more miles. All original service documents appear to have been lost from original seller to dealer.

Also, was thinking about upgrading the brakes to the Boxster conversion kits. Has anyone gone that route and did they find it useful compared to sticking with the original brake system?

And lastly, anyone know where I can get a 3.0 or 3.2L engine at a reasonable price! HA

Thanks and again, any info you want to share about this type of car I am more than happy to take in.