Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14th - 17th Sept 2021 Drive Alps Germany France Italy Switzerland

Looks like you had fun trip …but we missed you carrying without
    spilling the full glass of beer in front pocket of your overalls trick at the Revival this year

Steve

Steve, I'm looking forward to re-enact that stunt next year.
    How about a Euro Rallye to Goodwood in 2022?

Felt like I already did a tour to get to goodwood this year. My usual 1 hr 15 ish to goodwood took 3 h 20m on Friday because there was a problem on one of the roads. Maybe the climate protestors who were out that day. Lot of people got caught in delay. Needed a beer after that. Not sure why but it was a pain .. in fact it was literally pain in the “leg” … found I was limping around the place maybe from so much stop- start. A coupe of lovely ladies dressed in vintage nurses uniform took a look. Didn’t help medically as they weren’t actually nurses but it helped perk me up when they suggested I remove my trousers

Next day back to the usual 1hr 20; no limp. No nurses

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 09-20-2021 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Felt like I already did a tour to get to goodwood this year. My usual 1 hr 15 ish to goodwood took 3 h 20m on Friday because there was a problem on one of the roads. Maybe the climate protestors who were out that day. Lot of people got caught in delay. Needed a beer after that. Not sure why but it was a pain .. in fact it was literally pain in the “leg” … found I was limping around the place maybe from so much stop- start. A coupe of lovely ladies dressed in vintage nurses uniform took a look. Didn’t help medically as they weren’t actually nurses but it helped perk me up when they suggested I remove my trousers

Next day back to the usual 1hr 20; no limp. No nurses

Steve
    Made me laugh

But seriously who would join a trip to goodwood, and:
    Is somebody able to source some "better" Tickets as I am no member to the GRRC and can ony get the normal tickets.

We had a great trip. Less well-known passes than last year, but the roads were for the most part completely empty and at times I felt like I was in a picture from Curves magazine. Absolutely epic driving roads.

Some pictures... here my friend Maarten (in the GTV6) and me on our way to Freiburg in the Alsace:

Name:  IMG_5368.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  125.2 KB

In Freiburg, we met with Uli and Matthias (Carrera Clubsport) and started with the awesome Schauinsland hillclimb -- no pictures of that because we were too busy driving. Then we made our way to Malbuisson via small and often forested roads:

Name:  IMG_5378.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  174.7 KB

On Wednesday we drove through amazing scenery on our way to Grenoble, but often there were no suitable places to stop so it was almost impossible to take photos. Here's one of the view when descending down to the city.

Name:  IMG_5430.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  175.9 KB

Some evening light just before the hotel:

Name:  IMG_5443.jpg
Size:  136.6 KB

Thursday offered the best scenery with absolutely spectacular roads (again no pictures because the driving took 100% concentration) before we arrived at the top of Combe Laval.

Name:  IMG_5468.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  228.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_5477.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  270.4 KB

On the road down, the views were amazing.

Name:  IMG_5508.jpg
Size:  138.0 KB

After Valence, we made a detour to the Ardeche with very twisty narrow roads in a completely different landscape.

Name:  IMG_5557.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  155.0 KB

We spent Friday driving north via small country roads until it was time to say goodbye to Matthias who headed back to Germany.

Name:  IMG_5577.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  167.1 KB

Uli and I went on for a little longer until the evening fell.

Name:  IMG_5590.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  228.2 KB

The next day I drove further north via beautiful French country roads until Belgium, where it was time to hit the highway. It was a wonderful trip and I hope we can do something like this again next year. Thanks Uli for planning the routes and organizing everything!
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

It seems that you had a great trip

Is the red 3.2 a real ClubSport?

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    It seems that you had a great trip

Is the red 3.2 a real ClubSport?
    Yes it is. It was a bit modded by the previous owner but Matthias will subsequently undo some of the mods. However he'll keep the 3.5 liter engine :-)