Thread: What should this look like (‘69 hood release “conduit”)?

What should this look like (‘69 hood release “conduit”)?

Is this how the hood release cable tube/conduit should look as it goes across the front?

Cleaning up the front trunk on my ‘69 911e, as I try to get it to ready to take it for paint, today I found that the end of the tube/conduit for the hood release cable was pulled loose from the bracket where it ends below the latch. It looks like it’s pulled a 1/4” or so out out of the hole based on what’s clean and where the braze fillet shows up, but it’s not clear to me how to get that much movement unless the conduit is really in the wrong place. There hasn’t been any major panel replacement in that area or anything I recognized I’ve done while I’ve been restoring it, but lord knows what might happened in it’s previous life.

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images   

here u go, 69S.

Name:  Picture.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  87.0 KB

Thanks, it looks like mine needs to move a bit. Does anyone have the latch receiver out so you could get a shot like this that shows how much, or whether, the tube protrudes through the bracket?
    Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If u had read my Thread "69s going under the wrench" u would have seen that I offered pictures of a rather unmolested '69S. Engine, Trans, Front End and seats out, but the rest of it is pretty much like it was from the factory (except it has been painted twice). Sitting in my garage since '76. 75K miles.
    So here u go.
    Name:  IMG_1005.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  54.3 KB

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for (and suspected). Now I just need to figure out how to get the tube to move enough to get into that position without screwing something else up. I’ll give your thread a look too. I’m already coming across a number of reassembly questions as I’m going through parts cleanup and dry fit before taking it to paint.
    Tim

Tim
    I just checked my 69 912 and that slight bend about 5" back is correct. It is centered where the washer reservoir spout is. Looks to me like the vertical panel the conduit enters go bent toward center of car and conduit along with lip pulled out.