Thread: FS: Early shifter +

FS: Early shifter +

So this should work for early 901 and 911 trannies. The internals are stout and need no repairs. Shift knob has some crazing. Very usable as-is. I however, would dis-assemble, sandblast and paint the base and/or chrome the stalk. Ancillaries are included. $175 plus shipping.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by speedo; 09-13-2021 at 04:18 PM.
    registry# 1283

Hello,
    What is the piece with the bronze bushing called? I might need one. Swapping from sporto to manual trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl S. View Post
    Hello,
    What is the piece with the bronze bushing called? I might need one. Swapping from sporto to manual trans.
    It is the shift rod guide that bolts under the back of the shifter (the three holes). The bushing is hard plastic. The three pieces shown below the shifter in the last picture all work with the shifter rod. The plastic cup on the left clips over the round ball on the bottom of the shifter. The steel cup to the right is held with a detente screw to the front end of the shift rod. The plastic cup on the bottom of the shifter then slides into that steel cup. The center object is the shift rod guide through which the shift rod goes. It holds the shift rod in place while movement for-aft and rotation left-right facilitates the operator finding the correct gears.
    registry# 1283

I have everything but rod guide. Kind of tricky tracking down individual pieces when my car is not set up this way.

Need a rod guide.

Thanks
    Carl S.

I'll take it , sending PM .

This is sold.
    registry# 1283