Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Early Alloy S-Caliper for a 1969

WTB: Early Alloy S-Caliper for a 1969

I'm looking for a driver side alloy S-caliper in very good to excellent condition for a 1969 restoration.

Thanks,
    Rick

Kermit71

S Aluminium Caliper

I have a driver's side S caliper available for $325.00 including USPS flat rate shipping to the US. The only cleanup has been spray brake cleaner. I take PayPal and, although I am new to this site, I have been in PCA for 46 years and am pretty well known. I am having problems downloading photos but can send them to either your email or text them via cell phone.
    Thanks
    Deems

Hi Deems, thanks for responding to my thread. Please send the pictures to rac390 at gmail.com

Thanks,
    Rick

Kermit71
    Photo sent. Do you need anything else from me? It's going to a big swap meet in Atlanta this weekend and probably wont return home. Thanks Deems

I don’t think there is a left or right side, the fittings can be switched from top to bottom to make it work on the other side.

In actual fact the lines are not identical, but a new line can fix that.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Kermit71
    Yes, indeed, I am old and this is a driver's side. I have a matched pair that I do not want to separate. It does appear that you can reverse these. Sorry Deems

Hi Deems, I did get the picture you sent and it looks like a very nice caliper, but I believe it is a '71 or later caliper. I'm basing that on the circle with what looks to be an X and the information from the following thread from Eric at PMB.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...hrough-1972-8)

I'm sure I will regret it, but since I am looking for a '69 variant, I am going to pass on it. Thanks again for responding to the thread.

Rick

Kermit71
    Thank you for the info. I will research it tomorrow. These old cars get tricky. Best of luck.

I have a single 69-71 S caliper.
    ESR # 2300