Thread: I love the 'What's New' feature of the 911 sub forums

I love the 'What's New' feature of the 911 sub forums

When I check in to see what's happening on the forum multiple times a day, I love using the 'What's New' feature. Gathers everything new that I might want to sift through in a one stop shop without having to meander through various sub forums manually.

I also use it to check in on threads I've been participating in.

So, this evening,,, Lo and behold, I observed a great smiting! A whole thread plus my participation in it was gone, kablooey, crossed the rubicon. I guess someone felt there was objectionable material but, who knows??? There was no explanation. No warning PM of some unknown transgression or line that had been crossed...not that there was one.

Just simple, scalpel precise, 1984 censorship.

Guess something looked bad, yeah? So, maybe the thread could have been moved to off topic... Kind of was but, you'll have to take my word for it because YOU can't read it and make up your own mind about it.

Someone ELSE made that decision for YOU.... I can say, there was no profanity, there was no name calling, there was no anger or ranting, there was only honest observation and an honest desire to make the forum better through the idea of a FORUM... "But, what Dear would the neighbors think?"

So, What Was Wrong With The Thread!?

Let's just say that I found it "NOT OUTSTANDING!"
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    When I check in to see what's happening on the forum multiple times a day, I love using the 'What's New' feature. Gathers everything new that I might want to sift through in a one stop shop without having to meander through various sub forums manually.

I also use it to check in on threads I've been participating in.

So, this evening,,, Lo and behold, I observed a great smiting! A whole thread plus my participation in it was gone, kablooey, crossed the rubicon. I guess someone felt there was objectionable material but, who knows??? There was no explanation. No warning PM of some unknown transgression or line that had been crossed...not that there was one.

Just simple, scalpel precise, 1984 censorship.

Guess something looked bad, yeah? So, maybe the thread could have been moved to off topic... Kind of was but, you'll have to take my word for it because YOU can't read it and make up your own mind about it.

Someone ELSE made that decision for YOU.... I can say, there was no profanity, there was no name calling, there was no anger or ranting, there was only honest observation and an honest desire to make the forum better through the idea of a FORUM... "But, what Dear would the neighbors think?"

So, What Was Wrong With The Thread!?

Let's just say that I found it "NOT OUTSTANDING!"

thanks for pointing this out.

one way to react to this is to defund the "government" and/or get a new one.

lets see how long this thread will last...screenshot taken

Quite a few things wrong with this forum nowadays. Doesn't make me want to post much.
    Lucky it's a hobby. I have others if need be.

Edit: Some of my posts have been deleted as well it seems, regarding parts sales. Not fair.
    Last edited by GeorgeK; 09-16-2021 at 11:31 PM.

So how do we fix it? Perhaps the people who pay the dues that support this (IRS defined, non-profit) organization should be involved?

Chuck? What do you think? Should dues-paying members have any role in these decisions?

I’ve sent a PM asking for an explanation. Waiting to see if I’m going to be summarily ignored. The act of addressing my question would be a tacit acknowledgment of the deletion. I only know of myself and the person that started the thread being participants so, maybe others’ contributions created a scenario that required the deletion of the thread?

Here’s a thought for our Moderator and our silent Censor. Create a sticky to inform Registry Members of thread titles that were deleted and the REASON for doing it. It’s about communication and accountability, not to mention decency.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586