Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine Broke 2.7 Post.

IMG_20220616_131249.jpg
    why did the engine look "so new"?
    my father says that the vehicle accelerated almost the same as the original of 72... Therefore it is difficult for me to believe that my father would not notice the difference of 40 CV
    +
    Um... I think this is getting complicated. The heads were manufactured according to date 9/77************um not all, I'm going to check the numbers since I don't have the heads with me right now..
    as.jpgas2.jpg287962379_440614587512896_6235287181254993413_n.jpg
    Number piece: 9111043450r
    +
    287879528_779100153462544_8418748826847237622_n.jpg
    I must understand from the visual inspection that my pistons are 2.7 normal. Correct? Do they differ visually in the central point among many other things?
    +
    I have to get to the camshaft and its number to know what I have, right? is there any other method? I understand that the parts that I show in the image are the ones that differ in type 92 and 93. Should I assume (or is it a mistake?) that components of type 93 would have been used? Or can it be any other?
    ee.jpg
    one of those supposed differences would be between the piece with number 911.105.141.00 and 911.105.143.00

I have left the cylinder heads in the mechanic for the mentioned works. I'll ask if I can stop by and if I can't, send me some photos. I have to tell the mechanic that the cylinder heads are where they are going to be worked on. He told me to let him know and I will. Perhaps there we will draw clearer conclusions on this matter but I am forced to ask... Any special consideration in this case? I was thinking of sticking with the original plan. They make the seats for me and look at everything. There they recommended me "not to change" all the components of the cylinder heads since they saw it as an unnecessary expense. In the same way and although they told me that the valve guides would be fine... I would like to buy them... And I will do it so that they can change them (I understand that they are the same as those of the normal 2.7 although I will review what I say) for another side I wonder... Is it advisable to change all the valves? Since one of the pistons has a mark, one must be "minimally" bent or so I think... Therefore. Change all the valves? Feel free to say what you want! Thank you!!
    +
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-e...ams-carbs.html
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]576476IMG_20220616_183848.jpg[/ATTACH]
    IMG_20220616_183812.jpg
    +
    connecting rods number 911.103.105.0R
    +
    as3.jpg

+
    I have the registration of the vehicle and also a partial copy of the papers of the vehicle from which the engine comes, although it does not say anything relevant or VIN, only the name of the owner and some dates. I would like to ask... to access a record of repairs of a Porsche, of which the Porsche does not exist since it had an accident but the engine does.... How do you ask the Porsche for that?
    The piston showing the mark after cleaning shows the number 1 on its head.^notrelevant
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by _gonbau; 06-20-2022 at 04:49 AM.

something I don't understand...According to my casting number, my heads are 2.7 "normal" k1819T heads with a 32/32 diameter port. Should I look at the port size to check if it has been "enlarged"? I haven't been able to see the camshaft yet and I'm still researching the heads and casting numbers etc... But I wonder what parts I could look at other than the heads to check "if there is" any modification to my engine. The dates of the heads are from the year 78 so I don't understand much. They are heads by cast number of my 2.7 from 1974 normal correct? Or am I looking at the table wrong....? On the other hand, look at the cylinders... I didn't find much and I haven't tried the magnet thing yet, but this doesn't worry me since "as far as""""I know""" they are the same in the 2.7 as in the S or career...
    For the first order it doesn't matter (I think) if it's one thing or another since I'm only going to order pistons and valve guides. But when it comes to looking at the valves, I have doubts about this whole thing. Noobs questions but before I buy anything I want to try to make sure. The mechanic told me to let him know when the heads were disassembled in the other workshop, but for that he might have a week or more left. I wanted to order the "spare parts" so as not to have the heads in the workshop for a long time.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-e...reference.html

member #1515
    The person redoing your heads should be able to verify dimensions.
    All parts you want to reuse should be checked to see if they are in specification.
    I can't imagine why you would not change valve guides if the heads are apart.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

911/92 AT is interesting. The AT means AusTausch, replacement engine.
    This engine was certainly provided by the factory to replace a faulty unit of the same kind into a 1974 2.7.

911: engine type 911/92, 150bhp at 5700rpm / 173lb-ft at 3800rpm, 8.0:1 compression ratio, Bosch K-Jetronic fuel-injection

Thank you very much for those notes...I'm going to call the shop to tell them to take pictures of the camshaft and hole measurements...That was my question, if I could tell the shop so they can check it. The guides and the rubbers will be changed! The springs, unless one of them is a match, and the valves, I am going to order 3 of each just in case, since I see one of the pistons marked, I have to understand that some valve will have some deviation! What doesn't interest me is having the cylinder heads disassembled for a long time...rather having the parts here for when they are needed...let's see if today I dare to buy the pistons etc...Regarding the definition of the engine... .Knowing that it is a 911/92 and my father says that he hardly noticed a difference with the 72 911S (although who knows if it was really that engine) then... I think that there will be some adjustment to save those 40 hp difference? .. I'm going to call the workshop to see what they say!

from the workshop they tell me camshaft 911.105.141.ooR
    intake size 46
    exhaust:40
    camshaft for 911/92 correct..?
    from what I understand... the camshaft is a normal 2.7, the size of the holes and the number of pieces correspond.... what modification would this engine have? None?
    By the way... when my father bought the engine the story he had been told was that the man who died was testing the car because they had fixed "a noise"... I think I'll never know but maybe that's why he was a slightly scratched one of the chain casings
    +
    how to differentiate the camshaft of 1973.5 from the one of 1974? I told the mechanic to measure the diameter of the valves, should I tell him something else? Do the camshafts have a cast number? Tomorrow I will go to pick up the disassembled cylinder heads to clean them, then I will return them to you with the spare parts so that you can carry out all the budgeted work. For now I have been told that the parts are generally fine....
    +
    I ask measure the tree? Is that the only way?
    +
    I have also ordered the books. 50€ plus 10e for shipping... I suppose that there I will learn a large part of the doubts that I am raising........
    Last edited by _gonbau; 06-20-2022 at 04:36 AM.

member #1515
    This would be ideal for you save lots of headache:
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2-...ign=2022-06-21
    David

Nice hardware..

2.7.jpg

member #1515
    didn't sell at 23k. Nice build but he should have provided lot more specification info and maybe some pics of being built.
    David

Hello, I came to see the auction! Thank you very much for the information, although the auctions are "complicated" for us... The cylinder heads have been returned to me. I will only say that I will no longer leave work that I can do to external companies... I would have enjoyed disassembling the camshafts much more myself instead of having them disassembled. I have several doubts about this although I may already know an answer..........
    In the disassembly, the order of the valves, springs, bearings is "lost"... The seats are going to be made and the new guides put in, etc. after I clean the parts... my question is. I know that it has been done wrong by losing the order... but when making new entries can the order be corrected and be correctly? I understand that yes...On the other hand they have given me the measurements of the lobes of the camshaft. I have to check the tolerances in the manual now but I think they are quite good.

Are we talking about a standard 2.7 camshaft from 1974 according to measurements?