Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Wristwatch . . .

A few of my old timepieces.

A 1954 Rolex Oyster Perpetual...
    DSCN3094.jpg

A 1940s Movado Triple Date Calendar...
    DSCN3092.jpg

and my 1938 Junghans Luftwaffe duty clock...
    DSCN6639.jpg

DSCN6636.jpg

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Jon B., Those are fantastic.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Thanks, Scott.
    Fun thread, I've scrolled back through it several times now.

One more, a Britix chronographe I bought decades ago, maybe from the 1950s...
    DSCN3101.jpg

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

had my choice of wristwatch or pocket watch
    50 year Local #3 Operating Engineers Gold Watch..DSCN1254.jpg

I found this a few months ago in a shoe box full of crap watches at a garage sale. $3. It was not running. The crown was jammed. The pushers were stuck. But it is a Clebar with a Valjoux movement. I did some clean up and very gently worked the crown back and forth over a couple of days. Eventually freed the movement and it runs great. Still working on the stuck pushers. I had the perfect strap for it - an NOS mesh fabric diver from Germany.

Clebar Before After.jpg

Clebar Chrono.jpg

WOW !!! ... What'a'dif !!!!! ... Nice Curt
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Yes very nice find.

Scott
    1968 911S
    1986 Carrera
    2006 Carrera S

1973 BMW 3.0CS - Frances (gone but not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    This watch is back. The most very basic watch Rolex made back in '71. Very reliable and accurate to a few seconds per day. Not terribly special if it weren't for the connection to my father.

Attachment 564262
    Very nice! What is price?

Quote Originally Posted by LauraUnger View Post
    Very nice! What is price?
    Sorry, not for sale.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Despite being a common sight from replicas homages ans so forth, only 205 genuine Carrera RS examples were made by the factory in the reserved 908 glasurit grand prix white with blue decals across all three series.

I own one of those from the first 500 homologation series.

So maybe apt I have this Chopard limited edition Carrera RS dial in that particular colour combination.
    CCD4686E-E762-40B9-9CAD-57C2BDADC780.jpeg

Regarded as just outside the “holy trinity” of Swiss watch brands ( Audemars Piguet, Patek Philippe, and Vacheron Constantin) Chopard are high-quality. They have been the sponsor the current Mille Miglia historic rally since the late eighties producing a special edition watch for the competitors each year. Chopard has been owned by a single family for over half a century and they have a nice collection of classic cars. Reportedly despite having some very special cars his Carrera RS is the favourite of Karl-Frederick the copresident of Chopard.
    E6BC25CE-2863-424F-9CF2-0C31784F2913.jpg

He is responsible for mens sports watches and the manufacture. Not sure if that is why Chopard produced this particular Carrera RS dial. But pleased he did.

Chopard sponsor other events and have a relationship with Porsche Motorsport
    Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 03-27-2022 at 08:34 AM.