Thread: The odd Recaro Candyland recliner decal

The odd Recaro Candyland recliner decal

As I’ve never seen this topic discussed about before, I’m curious about other owners experience/opinions about the paper decal that was stuck onto the side of the seat recliner. I’ve only seen this decal less than a half dozen times and only on 1970 model year cars to date.
    I originally thought this odd paper sticker was a playing card stuck there by some child from their board game Candyland as the one I had in the 60’s. It can’t be by coincidence as I’ve seen it in a low mileage 70S in England, a car in Germany and twice here in NA and still affixed in my uncleaned seats from my black Italian spec coupe that have sat dormant since the mid 80’S.
    Photo attached of my original seat showing the decal. It also appears two part. The colour portion is inserted into the white border.
    Anyone else here still have it ?
    I honestly believe this was a factory or recaro applied paper decal but I suspect most were probably dealer removed prior to customer delivery.
    Curious about others input?
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

there is another thread about this Green sticker.
    Some claimed it was Italian cars.
    Did you see the other thread?

Name:  03F86126-9A4B-43BB-B5F4-8C9AC2F08987.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  5E75A850-FF55-46D7-8410-2342CA475DA8.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  43.2 KB

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Quote Originally Posted by Scott A View Post
    there is another thread about this Green sticker.
    Some claimed it was Italian cars.
    Did you see the other thread?

Name:  03F86126-9A4B-43BB-B5F4-8C9AC2F08987.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  72.2 KB

Name:  5E75A850-FF55-46D7-8410-2342CA475DA8.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  43.2 KB
    Thank you. I searched “hinge” instead of recliner and found the few posts.

I’ve seen them on a US spec car that was delivered new to NY, a Canadian car and the others were European spec. I don’t believe it was country specific. Just something that was removed before dealer delivery.

Regards,
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

It is a big sticker, and looks hard to remove. Looks pretty sticky to last for 50 years.

I wonder how much a dealer would have to clean up after port delivery? Some probably did a good job cleaning, others not so good.
    How much they would decide to add on? and prep for sale.
    My dad's new car in 1969 had an air-conditioner and alarm poorly added in California, from a Long Beach dealership that only lasted about 3 or 5 years.

some dealer's would add radios, antenna, badges and door decals...

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914