Thread: Rear crossmember questions

Rear crossmember questions

I am trying to restore my 1973 911S. It seems the last owners also butchered (among other things) the rear crossmember with engine mounts.

We installed a new Dansk engine mount and used the Restoration Design piece to get the right curvature of the opening of the rear crossmember on the engine bay side. However I still have two questions:
    - Besides the curvature of the opening and the decal indents being different between model years, are there any other differences of the rear crossmember between 1969-73 and 1974-89?
    - I noticed some people sell the Dansk "inner skin", maybe this is specific to the early models? (picture attached)

Also, on a similar topic, I am posting two pictures of the rear frame under the crossmember. The right side looks good, but the left side has this strange attachment welded on which I think was for the 964 bumper the previous owner installed. Is it ok to remove this welded-on extension?

Thank you all!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

If anyone has pictures of this region from a restoration (ideally from a 1973 model year) and also of the engine bay looking towards the rear that would be ideal.

I can get some photos of my 71 should be same as 73
    Mine is on lift and pretty bare , PM me with your email.
    Faster to get many photos sent
    Will go out tomorrow morning
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

the weld on thingies are g-model..your vehicle probably was converted to impact bumper at some point of its live.
    #no differenced from 69-73on the outer skin(65-68 is slightls different) . but there is some variations of the inner skin ..hole pattern and shape of the holes + position of the metal strips that hold the cables.
    will dig for pics when i find time...

Thank you both!

Sent you several via e-mail
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Looking at it from the wheel well facing rearwards, am I right to assume this whole piece has to go? And the two tow attachment points also have to go?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kiato4 View Post
    Looking at it from the wheel well facing rearwards, am I right to assume this whole piece has to go? And the two tow attachment points also have to go?
    so it is...