Thread: H4 Lens BOSCH for 1968 911L RHD

H4 Lens BOSCH for 1968 911L RHD

Trying to find above H4 lens for my RHD 1968 911L Lens smashed when headlamp "fell" off
    Headlamp Glass 2021-10-10.jpg. MUST have clear lined pattern across top and NOT the pebbled finish that only seems to be available from all usual suppliers.
    If I can't find one may have to replace both
    Graham

1967 911L Sporto Polo Red
    1973 Alfa GTV 2000 Alfa Red
    1968 Austin A60 Cambridge

Hi Graham, H4 only came our March 1972 so wouldn’t be original equipment on your car. I have a used RHD headlamp complete for an early car. The early one I have is in RHD form.

Was planning to take to DDK autojumble late this month as surplus to my requirements but could arrange a deal if that is what you need. — what are the numbers on lens — is it 7045 ? The photo is a bit blurred. I wouldn’t split lens from lamp. It is used not new as can be seen.

There is a thread(s) on it . See pictures in my posts on this as well as Mike’s (210BHP) comments on rarity of these in RHD as he seems to know about them — tops clear lined. mine is 7045.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...highlight=7045

I am in U.K. and plan to be goodwood MM this weekend Sat and Sun if it helps?

Steve

PS Not totally sure without checking but I might have a very rare U.K. importer price list for model year 68 that should go to an original RHD car too.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 10-15-2021 at 03:13 AM.

Hi 911RPM,

Sorry for delayed reply.

Yes my lamp is marked 7045. I do need a whole assembly including the Chrome ring as the fixing hole in the Chrome ring was enlarged when the headlamp fell off. I believe the fixing screw must have loosened suffiiciently for the upper lip of the chrome ring to come off the wing at the top and the whole headlamp jiggled about whilst driving until the hole in the Chrome ring enlarged enough for it to fall right off. Didn't realise I'd lost headlight until journey end but retraced route and found it. Lens broken (still have top half) and rest of headlight seeing OK apart from enlarged fixing screw hole. Fixing screw was still in metal tab inside headlight cavity in front wing. I have a cheap non-original lens in place now so can drive although I'm not convinced the fixing screw is properly tight in the attachtment tab thread.

Quite illuminating reading the post you sent me above, didn't realise things were so complex.

I have ticket for DDK swap meet on 31st but not that keen to drive up from Canterbury. What sort of deal did you have in mind? Please pm me if you wish to discuss off public.

Graham
    Graham

1967 911L Sporto Polo Red
    1973 Alfa GTV 2000 Alfa Red
    1968 Austin A60 Cambridge