Thread: LWB reproduction front turn signal housings???

LWB reproduction front turn signal housings???

Hello All,
    I'm curious as to how well the reproduction LWB front turn signal housings fit to the fenders and reproduction lenses. I've been looking for a set of originals, but they seem to be pretty scarce, and when they do show up, they are priced accordingly. There's a set on ebay for $5500 right now..... no thanks.

Any insight from those that have purchased/installed the repop's?

Thanks,
    Dan
    ESR member 4002
    1971 911T project
    1999 Boxster
    2001 Porsche 996 Cabriolet 4

Not necessarily speaking for all repops, but the ones I've seen were plastic copies of the original pot metal housings and the wiring was nowhere close to original. Fortunately I had some old original harnesses I could put in. I hope they are better now?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Can speak for two repro version.

plastic one that I purchased 2015: cracked when I mounted them second time on a cold winter day 2018

metal one that came with a car 2016: didnīt realized that it is a repro till this spring while fixing electric issues of the horns. Very good fitment.
    Last edited by dirk07; 10-19-2021 at 01:21 AM.

I've seen the plastic ones, I don't remember who makes/made them. I was looking more towards the diecast ones from Tasker Metal Products (TMP) that are available on The Bird, Ebay, Stoddard, SM, etc
    ESR member 4002
    1971 911T project
    1999 Boxster

I believe the plastic ones are made by Dansk. The plastic rears are total junk, horrible fit. The plastic fronts can be made to fit reasonably well with some fussing, and have the divider and separate bulb for use with euro lenses. But the wiring is still strictly amateur hour stuff.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

I have a brand new Bosch Left Front housing that I bought in the early 70's for my '69S if anybody wants pics. Never installed. I also have 4 brand new European (black trim) Bosch lenses (front and rear) if anyone is interested in pics. Bought at the same time. Sorry, these are not for sale.
    Bob B
    Name:  IMG_1078.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  110.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_1077.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  109.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_1079.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  103.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by SIMI BOB; 10-21-2021 at 09:45 PM.

TMP is the best option other than restoring originals.
    72S, 72T now ST

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    TMP is the best option other than restoring originals.
    Thank you. This looks like the route I'll be taking. I appreciate the help.

Dan
    ESR member 4002
    1971 911T project
    1999 Boxster

I believe Porsche (Classic) is working on front signal housing for LWB, probably available by end of 2021