Thread: FS: 912, 911 & 914 Silver "PORSCHE" letters

FS: 912, 911 & 914 Silver "PORSCHE" letters

Extremely nice set of silver "PORSCHE" letters WITH "912" emblem found in the bottom of a box. The pieces were in a bag, but since the bag does not have a part #, I am prepared to believe that they are very nice, but not new.

As you can see from the photos, the letters and '912' emblem are very nice, and have 12 speed nuts also in very good condition.

Research indicates that the silver letters are correct for 912, 914, and likely also 911T, depending upon year, so please look carefully to be sure that they are correct for your needs.

Set offered for $200 plus s&f. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i've never sold letters before, so if i'm saying something incorrectly, please let me know.

we've decided to separate this set in order to increase the market application, as well as increasing the number of speed nuts to make the set more complete. i was somewhat shocked that the speed nuts retail for something approaching $3 each, so I dug some more out of the stash in order to make the set complete. based on my research, it does not appear that letter sets come with speed nuts

the "PORSCHE" letters are now offered separately from the "912" emblem.

SOLD!! SOLD !! original "PORSCHE" letters (believed to be silver anodized aluminum) with 14 speed nuts are now offered for $150 + s/f. (comparable retail would appear to be ~$280) SOLD!! SOLD!!

The "912" block emblem with 2 speed nuts remains for sale @ $50 + s/f. (comparable retail would appear to be ~$90)
    Last edited by mshaver51; 10-30-2021 at 11:59 AM.

fyi - and since you asked:

You're way way out of the money with your pricing.
    Just look at Pelican (OEM: $206.75, plus SM etc etc)
    Speed nuts on Pelican (OEM: $0.75)
    Easy to check

& Selling with the 912 emblem probably (for no good reason, but ...) doesn't help
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

thanks for your response. i try to be respectful in handling such information, and do honestly appreciate it.

re the price comparison, i was using my personally-preferred retail seller (from ohio), which lists as follows:

"Individual Letter "PORSCHE" Decklid Emblem Set, Silver Anodized Aluminum, Fits 911 912 1967-1971" at $238.69;
    "912" Silver Block Decklid Emblem fits 912 1967-1969" at $83.03; and
    "Speed Nut for Emblem Fastening" at $2.93 each.

but i can understand that other retailers are in the market, as well.

so, using your pricing, the silver letters would be ~$206 + ~$14 = $220 vs. the $150 I am offering. and since you mentioned SM, their silver letters (see "Silver Porsche Emblem" and "Individual Letters") are offered at $224.45.

in addition, the '912' block emblem is offered by SM and others @ $84.37 (plus speed nuts) as compared with my price of $50 (with speed nuts).

as far as the "no good reason..." for putting the silver letters and '912' emblem together, the letter/emblem set appears to be correct for a 912, which would, respectfully, seem to be a "good reason" for someone to be interested in the entire set, at least to me.

i mean no disrespect here. pricing is a legitimate issue for robust discussion.
    Last edited by mshaver51; 10-30-2021 at 11:55 AM.

As Owner of a Restored Porsche 912 and Spare Parts collector. Based upon my experience, I would not pay more than $100 for a NOS set of Letters, but only if w/o Blemishes, Scratches and significant signs of wear. Block 912, perhaps $20 if in similar Excellent condition.
    Just my $2 comment.

silver letters sold and shipped. thank you.

The "912" emblem remains for sale @ $50 + s/f.

Glad the other stuff sold. The remaining item belongs here.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

my apologies. you are correct.

No worries. Best of luck on the remaining sale!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100