Thread: Where to find ACCURATE dash basketweave?

Where to find ACCURATE dash basketweave?

Car is a 1971 911T Targa with original basketweave on dash and door panels. When I purchased the car the basketweave for the radio was gone as a previous owner had installed a modern stereo (since removed. And the basketweave on the glovebox door was slightly worn/discolored and shrinking.

I've ordered 2 rolls of vinyl basketweave material for the dash from 2 vendors. Neither is a match for the depth and clarity of the original. The new rolls the texture is barely embossed and lacks depth or detail.

Is there a source for an accurate reproduction?

At this point I'd happily cut scraps from someone's old door panel vs using this poor excuse for basketweave.

You can try Autos International or K&H European Upholstrey. They both sell German sourced interior kits.

Best,
    Ravi
    ------------------------------------------------
    1971 911T/2.45 engine spec Coupe / Gold Metallic on Black
    1995 911 C2 / Guards Red on Cashmere Beige (Sold)

MAH, Sitzklinik, Isoproq
    Mah is a wholesale
    https://www.mah.de/sortiment/kunstle...unstleder.html
    Isoproq and sitzklinik is retail

I always buy a door panel for my basket weave replacements. There’s tons of them out there that were cut for speakers that are available cheap.
    1969 911 E #824