Thread: seat slider info needed

seat slider info needed

I have drivers sport seat previously installed and am looking for the matching passenger seat slider/mount. Looking for the manufacturer or company that sells this style. Looks like the Flarsix style but no cross bar listing. Thanks for any help--Jake

Name:  IMG_2547.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2546.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2545.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  109.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2544.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  121.1 KB

Name:  IMG_2542.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  126.8 KB

to me, that setup looks like the zuffenhaus "RS" cross mounts (but I believe a couple different places sell a similar mount) with a current/modern recaro double-locker tabbed slider.
    Member #3857
    '70 911 2.7

Quote Originally Posted by Lz7w View Post
    to me, that setup looks like the zuffenhaus "RS" cross mounts (but I believe a couple different places sell a similar mount) with a current/modern recaro double-locker tabbed slider.
    Do you happen to know the part number of the modern sliders that fit our seats (especially thinking about the distance between the tabs)?

Johan
    SEARCHING FOR ENGINE 6208326 (last seen in car with VIN 9111101452)

-70 911E
    -84 3,2 Sold

basically you can use almost any rails. you only have to drill a few additional holes in most of the upper rails - just to match the hole pattern on the seats. any do-it-yourselfer can do that in a few minutes. in this respect, i would always advise conventional rails (with levers) and not the newfangled items with brackets. i still have two boxes of such rails (scheel and recaro also) which i also offer individually for little money. should anyone need a set, please pm.

regards uwe

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hi Jake,

Not able to help you out but the second picture is quite interesting. Looks like a harness seat belt or a 914 'Beckengurt' is mounted on the floor, never seen that before. Do you have any more info on the car and pictures?

Regards,
    Cees

thanks all for the info.

I have contacted Zuffenhaus .

Cees, the Repa seat belt is mounted to the floor, I will be changing that as I tinker with the car.

The car was originally purchased in Germany and spend time doing rallies in Europe, then shipped to the States and did much of the same. Parts were removed over the years and some of the previous owners have collected parts to bring it back. I recently purchased the car and want to make it a good running car, not to restore. It has bumps and bruises

Jake

Agree, drilling holes in the upper slider, to fit the seat is no big deal

However, the distance between the tabs on the lower slider, that mounts to the crossbar between sill and tunnel, needs to match I would think?
    SEARCHING FOR ENGINE 6208326 (last seen in car with VIN 9111101452)

-70 911E
    -84 3,2 Sold

@ viken: this distance is given - so it is the same for non-original rails as for the original. where do you see the difficulty? we have done it this way many times ... as I said: the action is very simple.

regards uwe