Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sad News ....

RIP SLee.
    Was just researching brake topics tonight and found an old post from 20+ years ago where Sherwood shared his wisdom, as was his way.
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

We have all lost a great friend. He brought so many people into the Early S Fold. A gracious gentleman and good friend. It is so very sad. Farewell Sherwood.

Sherwood was kind, gracious, generous and always welcoming. He did a great deal for the early 911 community, and was a consummate gentleman and a mensch. It was only a week ago when many of us gathered at his "Porsha Coffee" and saw him exhibiting his usual charm and wit. For everyone that knew him personally, this is terrible shock. I am deeply saddened by his very untimely passing, and extend my condolences to his family. RIP Sherwood.

Here's a photo from a few years ago of Sherwood holding court at one of his monthly coffees (photo also courtesy of Dave Nagel)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One of the nicest, most genuine persons I have ever met. RIP, Sherwood. My deepest condolences to his family and to the community that knew him.
    Many years ago, my wife, Sherwood and I had breakfast at the Pantry in downtown L.A. Of all the things she has accompanied me to regarding all things Porsche, this one thing stands out in her mind. That's the kind of impact Sherwood had.

R.i.p. ...
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

A funeral service will be held at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale.

Monday, November 15th, at 2:30 PM.

It would be nice to show up in your Porsche as a fitting tribute to Sherwood's air cooled legacy.

Thanks,
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Thanks Bert ......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Some more details for Sherwood's funeral:

WHEN: Monday, November 15 at 2:30 p.m. (Doors open at 2.)

WHERE: Church of the Recessional
    Forest Lawn Memorial Park
    1712 S. Glendale Ave.
    Glendale, CA 91205

—Upon entering through the gates, follow the signs up the hill to the church and park in front of the church or the Forest Lawn Museum. Click here for the exact location.
    —Masks will be required at all times.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

I wish I could make the service for Sherwood but will be out of town. Still can not believe this happened. Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Sherwood will be hugely missed, and when I heard the news earlier this week, like all of you I remain completely stunned. I remember a neat conversation I had with Sherwood regarding another air-cool fan; Bruce Anderson.
    Unfortunately I unable to attend attend his funeral but I send him the warmest condolences.
    RIP
    E911SR #2107
    69 911T/S SWT 3.2L
    RG #384