Thread: Was there a light yellow Carrera RS 2.7 on the racetrack or rally in the 70s?

Question Was there a light yellow Carrera RS 2.7 on the racetrack or rally in the 70s?

I recently got a light yellow 73T with RS and racetrack upgrades.
    Name:  20211029_175736-50.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  202.1 KB
    Now I am considering whether to adapt it optically to a historical model from the racetrack or rally with "war paint" from the 70s.
    If there were actually light yellow RS with the purpose at that time, maybe someone has photos or knows where they are?
    It is not about RSR but "only" about RS.
    I saw the photo recently published by Thomas Lundeval of Björn Waldegård's car, who used it in the rally cross.
    I am grateful for all references.
    Golden greetings
    Andreas

Looking for the engine 6320484
    MY 1972 2.4S Targa
    MY 1973 T with gentle updates
    MY 1988 560 SL
    MY 1965 Giulia Super

Search is your friend Andreas .... HughH has as rally thread which should give you more info ... but in the meantime here is a yellow raced in Ireland/Isle of Man

"We have recently restored the RHD M471 chassis 00964, a couple more pictures and a very brief notable competition history.

- Donegal 3rd
    - Manx 2nd
    - Galway 1st
    - Circuit of Ireland 2nd
    - Donegal 2nd (puncture cost win)
    - Lombard RAC Rally 13th Overall "

Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Hi Andreas, I've been thinking too about how I'd restyle your car.
    I'd ditch the ducktail and get rid of the carrera script and have a mega sleeper (unless the engine is on)
    Lift off sound of your car is soooo agressive with its 3.4 twinplug
    Last edited by uai; 11-01-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post
    Search is your friend Andreas .... HughH has as rally thread which should give you more info ... but in the meantime here is a yellow raced in Ireland/Isle of Man

"We have recently restored the RHD M471 chassis 00964, a couple more pictures and a very brief notable competition history.

- Donegal 3rd
    - Manx 2nd
    - Galway 1st
    - Circuit of Ireland 2nd
    - Donegal 2nd (puncture cost win)
    - Lombard RAC Rally 13th Overall "

Thank you Karlus and yes, I admittedly made it a little easy for myself with my question. I have to practice a little more with the search function.
    After the restoration, the light yellow RS looks pretty original. But the pictures from 1975 show at least some "war paint".
    Golden greetings
    Andreas

MY 1972 2.4S Targa
    MY 1988 560 SL
    MY 1965 Giulia Super

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    Hi Andreas, I've been thinking too about how I'd restyle your car.
    I'd ditch the ducktail and get rid of the carrera script and have a mega sleeper (unless the engine is on)
    Lift off sound of your car is soooo agressive
    Hi Uli,
    haha, I had to laugh when I read your suggestion in the other direction.
    When my wife saw the car for the first time, she said: "Do the stickers have to be? That makes the vehicle not look as elegant as my other classic cars".
    Different background but in the same direction.
    Let's see what I do. One also says: "Inner values count more than the outer". I will probably first deal with driving and thus with the inner values.
    Golden greetings
    Andreas

MY 1972 2.4S Targa
    MY 1988 560 SL
    MY 1965 Giulia Super

Andreas, you could ask Phil, who's shop restored it recently (Phil Hindley ; Tech 9 Motorsport ; United Kingdom ; www.tech-9.co.uk ; Early S registry membership #2207 ; user name = pht9).

On that same thread of irish rally cars was this nice shot of another car ... "MAN 911C. This is apparently a RS that, according to Copeland’s book, was used by Dennis Easthope in 1976, then by David Shatlock, before finally being used by Gillian Pickard in 1977. According to the book it has been fully restored and remains with her on the Isle of Man. "

I love Light Yellow. Saw Steve Harris's LY RS318 at the Saratoga Springs museum recently and the color looks great in person

Name:  C22A8440-7D87-47F0-9AA0-8148649D6725.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  123.9 KB
    Best of luck with your search. A "lupine" sports purpose car in sheep's clothing .... almost a play on words with Lapine (Tony, design director @Porsche starting in '69, did the body for 917 PA Spyder, Hippie Car paint (917-043 ; 917K 917-021 ; 917-20 Pink Pig)
    Last edited by karlusmagnus; 11-01-2021 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Add pic
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown