Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Restoring 307407

Will be a fantastic journey !
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by myflat6 View Post
    Thanks for the callout however, my thread is actually found over on Rennlist here https://rennlist.com/forums/911-foru...rod-build.html

Heads-up that my build is a hotrod and not meant to be concours, and you will also see that the build took many turns so if you care to read through the lengthy thread, you will see what I mean. It should at least provide entertainment to readers lol - a true novice learning along the way and often times the hard way!
    Thanks, that's actually how I plan to do mine - aka not a concourse car. You gave me reading material for tonight.
    I will add you to my instagram feed.

I am very excited and terrified for all the things that can go wrong, but after owning a 964 I crave for a simpler and lighter aircooled experience.

Quote Originally Posted by HDA View Post
    Thanks, that's actually how I plan to do mine - aka not a concourse car. You gave me reading material for tonight.
    I will add you to my instagram feed.

I am very excited and terrified for all the things that can go wrong, but after owning a 964 I crave for a simpler and lighter aircooled experience.
    Awesome - looking forward to following your journey. Excited and terrified are emotions one should feel when embarking on something like this for the first time. You will continue to experience different emotions over the course of the build - but if it ends up being like my experience, it will be one of the most memorable experiences of your life. I am getting the itch to do another build already.
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

Thank you Bill, I have been following your project and I can only hope mine will look half as nice. Anyways, I got a Christmas present for myself a couple of days ago. Here is the Kardex.

I looked at the address of the first owner and where he used to live has been replaced by a massive apartment complex in Arlington Virginia. Certain James E. Lynch

Here it is. Nothing interesting Name:  894D5434-8D38-4D54-A9C2-7B5E88EDA435.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  137.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HDA View Post
    Here it is. Nothing interesting
    Four-speed 902/0 transmission.

Tinted glass, head rests, floor mats, seat belts, rubber bumper pads, wood steering wheel, antenna and loudspeaker... materials for radio (?).

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Radio frequency suppression material

Thank you.

I did notice the 4 speed transmission, I thought all 911 came with a 5 speed.

I got to see the car after 1 year, slowly getting there.
    Not sure why I am smiling. Oblivious.

Name:  1967 SWB.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  145.8 KB

We also found out it is a 5 speed, not 4.

How did you figure out it was a 5 speed, kardex was incorrect?