Thread: Refinish ATS cookie cutters

Refinish ATS cookie cutters

So I have acquired some tired cookies that are stained and peeling on the polished lips. The inner black paint seems to be relatively decent but I may want a color change. What is the recommenced process to refinish these wheels? Stripping, prepaint prep, color coat, clear coat?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

I have done lots of wheels myself, I would get them media blasted, powder coat the centers and get the outside edge polished A few guys may disagree with me on the powder coat, saying that a good automotive paint will suffice but I have all the equipment in my shop to do this and my own time so it does not cost a lot for me out of pocket, just time I don't have any pictures handy but I took a set of cookie cutters, blasted them down, did a coat ( powder coat ) of chrome base with a translucent red over that which gives them a look of anodized red aluminum , have not gotten around to polishing the outer edges yet Have an idea on making a set up to do this for any size wheel but that is a different story Painting an early targa red and thought that I would have them as an extra set for that car ( I have 6 different classics that I am building for myself ( over the next decade ) and have at least 2 different sets of wheels for each car ( as well as extra steering wheels for each car, yes, I am a little crazy )

Thanks, Rick

Thanks Rick. Any suggestions as to media, grit size, post blasting cleaning? Any surface treatment prior to painting?
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers