Thread: Another sway bar question

Another sway bar question

Is anyone running bigger sway bars than 15's F&R on a SWB'ed car? I'm currently running 19/24 T bars and 15/15 sways. I want the car to run flatter in the corners. I'm switching to coilovers. I'm trying somewhat soft coilover springs for a more compliant ride over our bad roads but thinking of going bigger on sways for a flatter ride around corners. Maybe 16 to 18 mm front and rear.
    Appreciate your feedback.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Hmm. I guess this is going to be another R&D projest. I was hoping a couple folks here had experimented with bigger sways on a SWB car.
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it is information. I autocross my 72 S which has stock torsion bars. I did have 18 mm sway bars front and rear but decided it had too much oversteer tendencies. I went back to a 15 rear bar and I felt the handling was better and my times relative to the fast cars did improve. Since this is also one of my trip cars I keep the stock torsion bars for travel comfort. The 18 front bar did help keep the car flatter, but pictures show it still has lots of lean! I think you'll find that to get the car so flat it will be very "darty"
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thanks Ed. I think I'll pass on 18's. I have both 15's and 16's front and rear. Maybe I'll try a 16 up front and keep the 15 in the rear. If that's to darty I'll stay with the 15's.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Hey Chris, for a lighter rear end reference I am running 19mm F & 15mm rear w your same T bars on my 66 912 Coupe, the 71 Targa is using a 20mm front and no rear bar both feel very nice & controlled. Another data point.

Best Regards

Thanks for the input.
    www.reSeeWorks.com