Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ‘72 911T Mirror

Tell us about your 72 with more photo's! Signal Yellow 72 is a Hell of a start into the Porsche world.
    72S, 72T now ST

Indeed! That is a really nice looking long hood you have there.

Is that a Type IV hiding behind the 911? Tell us more…
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Tell us about your 72 with more photo's! Signal Yellow 72 is a Hell of a start into the Porsche world.
    It's a local garage find. The car was purchased in 72' and has reside in Austin for it's entire life. I'm the fourth owner of only for 4 months. The 3rd owner have had it since 76'. It has ~145k miles with original Signal Yellow paint. The paint looks good from a far, but up close there's a lot of rock chips and dings. Everything else on the car is mostly original. I have the original steelies and hub caps and also radio. It was a daily driver for the 3rd owner up till early 2000, but has sat in his garage since then. It had a bad oil leak that I had to remedy. It also came with with a set of Cookie Cutter wheels that I've since replaced with 16" Fuchs. I've also removed the dealer installed A/C system. I'm slowly learning about the car and working to fix or replace items that I feel are needed or to my liking. Other than that, I plan to leave the car as is. I'm lucky to have found this beauty as it's a once in a lifetime deal that I couldn't pass up. Let me know if you have any question and I'll be happy to answer.

Thanks,
    Ducky
    Attached Images Attached Images         

Quote Originally Posted by silverc4s View Post
    Indeed! That is a really nice looking long hood you have there.

Is that a Type IV hiding behind the 911? Tell us more…
    All I know is that it's a square back VW. The pic was taken at a local meetup.

Your wood wheel looks great and is probably nice to drive with, but don’t ever part with that original wheel. Many of us old timers have a collection of wheels, as they are pretty easy to swap around.

In fact it’s a good idea to keep every old part you remove, even if it seems worthless at the time.

Your wood wheel looks great and is probably nice to drive with, but don’t ever part with that original wheel. Many of us old timers have a collection of wheels, as they are pretty easy to swap around.

In fact it’s a good idea to keep every old part you remove, even if it seems worthless at the time.
    I definitely concur. Every parts are packed up and stored. Thanks

72T non sunroof and Signal Yellow. Great score! The dash looks to be in good condition as well. Hopefully rust free being in that climate as well. Nice.
    72S, 72T now ST

To Ducky, and others in the central Texas area:

It’s time to start planning your trip to the 20th annual Hill Country Rallye! In our previous email we said we'd give you a full week's notice prior to open registration, well, this is that notice!
    General Registration will open on November 29 at 12:00 PM Central Time
    When: Thursday, March 10, 2022 - Sunday, March 13, 2022
    Where: YO Ranch Hotel, Kerrville, TX
    IMPORTANT: Please note that registration is limited. If the event sells out please add your name to the waitlist and we will release tickets should a spot become available. 1 name on the waitlist = 1 ticket. If you need more than 1 spot please add additional names to the waitlist.

HillCountry Rallye

On or after 11/29 at 12:00 PM CT
    1. Follow the link below
    2. Click the green “TICKETS” button
    3. Complete registration through Eventbrite
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2022-hi...s-158600657837

On or after 11/29 at 12:00 PM CT
    1. Follow the link below
    2. Click the green “TICKETS” button
    3. Complete registration through Eventbrite
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2022-hi...s-158600657837
    Thanks Bill. I was planning to attend this year's Rallye, but it occurs right at the start of Spring Break. Unfortunately, the wife has already made travel plans with the kids. Hopefully next year.