Thread: Rebushing throtttle bodies question

Rebushing throtttle bodies question

I was planning on rebushing my throttle bodies over the winter, but the fellow I was going to use suddenly passed away. I think I can do this given enough info. Does anyone have a good person to send them for rebushing and what is the best source on setting up the linkage etc. when I reassemble.

thanks for any advice.

Jim

Matt Blast at Eurometrix in Massachusetts. A bit pricey and can be backed up - but really good at what he does.
    Last edited by myflat6; 11-30-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

+ 3 For Matt Blast ....
    https://eurometrix.ws/
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Bushing are usually the least of your worries.
    Matt does great work and is always a recommend and yes they cost a lot of money and justly so because there are many man hours spent to restore a set. It’s expensive.
    Usually when the bushing are worn out badly the butterfly’s will have pounded away at the bores. You’ll never get the throttle bodies setup properly if that’s the case.
    Matt will only overbore 1mm and install modified butterflies and he will reject your throttle bodies you send him if he suspects them to far pounded out or deeply pitted.

I rebuild them in-house for complete engine rebuilds and I rarely see a perfect set. My solution was to re-sleeve. I finish them off with a Dow chemical protection treatment of the magnesium back to original finish. Most shops will only spray paint them black. Something to think about if your into details.

If your going to do the bushings yourself make sure you at least cook the bronze in oil for a few hours. They will remain self lubing this way.

Regards, Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Aaron Burnham in Camarillo CA did mine. He is also an excellent resource.
    1969 911 E #824