Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ‘72 911T Door Pockets Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    Einmalig makes plastic pockets that are a good solution for everyday drivers that aren't going to see a concour. And yes,,, if you look close you know they're not real, but for driven cars they're just fine.
    Ed I couldn't fine these om their website, can you provide a link?
    73 911S Targa

Bob, these are them, i believe ….

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Bob View Post
    Ed I couldn't fine these om their website, can you provide a link?
    Karl: E911SR #792 ; RG #420 ; GS #7

'72T Coupe - Sepia Brown

Personally, I prefer the Porsche Classic pockets to the ones being sold by Einmalig - but I have no idea if they're plastic or fiberboard (or anything else, I suppose). As Ed said, I suppose either is fine for a driver when you're not going crazy over the details.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    Personally, I prefer the Porsche Classic pockets to the ones being sold by Einmalig - but I have no idea if they're plastic or fiberboard (or anything else, I suppose). As Ed said, I suppose either is fine for a driver when you're not going crazy over the details.
    Yes, agreed. In case I wasn't clear, I broke down and bought the Porsche classic pockets as an interim placeholder while I figured out how to repair my pockets (which are in relatively good condition, but I drive the car a ton and closing the door seemed to be making the rear crease worse, which in turn was causing the edge to catch on my door seal, which is annoying at best, and destructive if you have a "survivor" car like my targa where I am preciously defending every last inch of original vinyl). They are "inexpensive" if you buy them from a dealer that discounts heavily, and they look very good (though strangely, despite some adjustability in the brackets, they don't provide adequate coverage and are vertically shorter than my '71 pockets, so that if I set them high enough to abut the arm rest correctly, they show too much of the underside of the door, and if I set them to cover the underside of the door, the underside of my armrests are visible).

So long winded way of saying I endorse the Porsche parts, even if they aren't as perfect as original, or well-restored originals which I hope someday to have again.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Quote Originally Posted by karlusmagnus View Post
    Bob, these are them, i believe ….
    thanks - the link showed up in the email notification but not on the forum...I was searching foe "door pocket", not "door box"...
    73 911S Targa

Mine looked very much like yours and I used the iron, glue, small metal reinforcement approach on the video. Very happy with how they came out.

Thin ABS sheet can be formed into lots of handy shapes with a heat gun, and used to reinforce failing OE pieces with adhesive or pop-rivets (in hidden locations). It's lightweight, inexpensive, waterproof, and easy to cut and drill. Search YouTube for tips.

I replaced my pockets a while back with "raw" fiberglass ones:
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...o-deep-pockets

Dunno if the guy offering them is still around but you could try hitting him up by email: klausstee (at) gmx.de
    He's based in GErmany but might as well ship to the US.

very cool - those look nice!
    73 911S Targa