Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1973 911RS light weight tribute carpet help

1973 911RS light weight tribute carpet help

Hi All. I’m trying to replace the carpet and delete the back seats for the M471 light weight look. Has anyone done this and did you go with a pre cut package? Color?

How about the seat belt set? Who’s sells these?
    Thanks

Rex

This is the best angle I can find from the example I’m trying Emulate, this one was sold in 2018 in Monterey at mechum.

Still chasing a set of seats as well
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rex1968s; 12-02-2021 at 01:52 PM.

that looks pretty similar to the perlon carpet I have in my car. mine is from Tony @ Autobahn in charcoal, but he might know if black is actually correct for an RS.
    Member #3857
    '70 911 2.7

Hi Rex,

I'm building a 1973 RSR replica and was recently looking for the correct carpet to use.
    I reached out to 'CarTex Sitzklinik' in Germany, where the guy told me that the RSH/RSR (h = homologation = lightweight) had a different carpet than the RSL & RST models.
    The RSH (perlon) carpet doesn't have the nice stitching around the edges, according to them, whereas all of the restorations/RSRs I've seen do have them, and he said that most ordering the RSH carpet still want to have the edges stitched, as it looks so much neater. The RSR also had rubber mats in the front, in stead of the perlon carpet.
    As to the question what is correct?, I don't know. I went for his explanation so that's what I ordered.
    Please note that the RSH/RSR carpet they sell assumes rollbar and direct glue-ing on the floor (ie: no sound deadener layer/mats)
    The color is very dark grey, near black, but it depends on the pictures how it looks. Attached are the two examples CarTex put on their webpage (green car), where the second picture shows it more black in color.
    the last picture is what I received laid out on the floor. That looks close to black, whereas the detail picture of the fabric seems much more grey-ish.
    Name:  IMG_7215 cartex example.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  86.6 KBName:  IMG_7214 cartex example.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  107.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_5764.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  85.4 KBName:  IMG_5765.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  117.4 KB
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T
    1976 911S -> 2.8RSR replica
    "if nothing goes right, go left!"

Thanks, left him a message.

This looks very neat. I would want mine with bound edges as well. Have installed it Patrick?

HI Rex, no not yet. I just received it earlier this week
    Can't wait to fit it, but as you see from the picture above, I ordered the ones without the edges.
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    HI Rex, no not yet. I just received it earlier this week
    Can't wait to fit it, but as you see from the picture above, I ordered the ones without the edges.
    Hard to make out on an I phone ��*♂️. Is the rubber material where the heel would rest?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Wow. No, I don’t want to sell one of my roundie 2002’s for an original set . I’ll have to wait for an aftermarket set. But thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex1968s View Post
    Is the rubber material where the heel would rest?
    Yes, the space in front of the seats:
    Name:  12d0f88f-a4d7-4200-bf0d-10177f078757-740x384.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  70.4 KB
    Member #3508
    1973 911 2.4T