Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1973 911RS light weight tribute carpet help

If you are in the US, you may want to try AppBiz. I have only peeked in the box, but they look good and I trust those that ordered them given I am building a RSH. And the rubber mats are a must - the felt carpet is thin and will wear quickly without them.

Dirk's buckets are nice! I have a set of replicas sitting in contractor bags in my barn. You can probably rationalize the expense of Dirk's seat in that they won't depreciate (at least until we're all driving cars with flux capacitors), whereas the replicas largely depreciate out of the box. Mine may sit in the barn for many years as profi spg XLs will go in the car this winter. Difficult to make the trade-off between "accuracy" and safety. I had inquired around and there isn't much by the way of FIA certification for anything approaching "accurate" (as always, happy to be told otherwise!).

Take your initial photo. The momo hub adapter is not accurate, but it is safer than the historically accurate solid hub reproductions (which I am sad to say is in my car). All just a question of the depth of your own rabbit hole.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Quote Originally Posted by patrick911 View Post
    Yes, the space in front of the seats:
    Attachment 564115
    Wow wow wow

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    If you are in the US, you may want to try AppBiz. I have only peeked in the box, but they look good and I trust those that ordered them given I am building a RSH. And the rubber mats are a must - the felt carpet is thin and will wear quickly without them.

Dirk's buckets are nice! I have a set of replicas sitting in contractor bags in my barn. You can probably rationalize the expense of Dirk's seat in that they won't depreciate (at least until we're all driving cars with flux capacitors), whereas the replicas largely depreciate out of the box. Mine may sit in the barn for many years as profi spg XLs will go in the car this winter. Difficult to make the trade-off between "accuracy" and safety. I had inquired around and there isn't much by the way of FIA certification for anything approaching "accurate" (as always, happy to be told otherwise!).

Take your initial photo. The momo hub adapter is not accurate, but it is safer than the historically accurate solid hub reproductions (which I am sad to say is in my car). All just a question of the depth of your own rabbit hole.
    I like my car, and I think its a good car, not sure I can rationalize the cost as I have a feeling it may end up on BAT (unless my CSI is ready for the sacrifice) I’m struggling a bit with the GTS’s at $3,600 and a 3 month wait. I’m hoping to come across a good used “depreciated” set . I’m sure they’re a great investment in the long run, space is limited and I already have a set of seats stored in my living room.
    Attached Images Attached Images