Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The infamous Wayne Kreiger Arrested !!

The infamous Wayne Kreiger Arrested !!

Petaluma police recovered several stolen cars, including three classic Porsche sedans, and discovered chop shops this week as part of an investigation that began in 2019.

The three sedans were discovered in Santa Rosa, Novato and San Francisco, the Petaluma Police Department announced Friday night.

Novato resident Wayne Krieger, 71, is suspected of stealing the three cars, and he was arrested Nov. 27 when he arrived in San Francisco on a cruise ship, police said.

Investigators searched property in Santa Rosa and Novato later that day and on Tuesday. The exact locations weren’t released.

Both locations appeared to be chop shops, and police found two Porsches plus evidence of other stolen vehicles, parts, fake registration paperwork and materials to counterfeit vehicle identification numbers.

The third Porsche was discovered at an unspecified location in San Francisco on Thursday along with more car parts and possibly stolen vehicles.

A total of eight classic Porsche sedans were recovered.

Thanks
    -Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 12-04-2021 at 08:36 AM.

((((((finally)))))))))

And the Porsche world is now a safer place.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by edmayo View Post
    And the Porsche world is now a safer place.
    not to mention classier...
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Excellent.
    Burned me in Salinas, CA in the early ‘90’s.
    Bill
    1969 911T - sold
    2001 911 Turbo - sold
    1996 911 C4S - returned
    1982 911SC - gone
    1960 356 Roadster - sold

A buddy & I heard he had killer deals on 356s when I was living in San Jose in the 80s. He was in Gilroy, or maybe Morgan Hill at that time, and had a metal building filled with P Car parts and 356 & 911 shells.
    He showed us a 356 coupe that he wanted a lot of money for and we walked away. Later heard the car was two rusted wrecks welded together with engine from a third car.
    Turns up in our world every couple of years..
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

I spent 2yrs of my life trying to manage my ‘73S restoration with this guy. Many thanks to members of this forum for helping me along the way. I got lucky, although I spent another 12 months with other reputable body and mechanic guys sorting out his crappy work. Glad to see him get his.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post
    Petaluma police recovered several stolen cars, including three classic Porsche sedans, and discovered chop shops this week as part of an investigation that began in 2019.

The three sedans were discovered in Santa Rosa, Novato and San Francisco, the Petaluma Police Department announced Friday night.

Novato resident Wayne Krieger, 71, is suspected of stealing the three cars, and he was arrested Nov. 27 when he arrived in San Francisco on a cruise ship, police said.

Investigators searched property in Santa Rosa and Novato later that day and on Tuesday. The exact locations weren’t released.

Both locations appeared to be chop shops, and police found two Porsches plus evidence of other stolen vehicles, parts, fake registration paperwork and materials to counterfeit vehicle identification numbers.

The third Porsche was discovered at an unspecified location in San Francisco on Thursday along with more car parts and possibly stolen vehicles.

Thanks
    -Allen-
    Chris Purpura @civilizedmisfit
    Member #479
    Current Cars:
    1972 911T aka The "Civilized Misfit" Build
    See: https://www.excellence-mag.com/issue...vilized-misfit
    Miss February - EarlySRegistry 2023 Calendar
    1968 911S Ossi Blau/Beige Corduroy

Past Cars:
    2019 911 Carrera GTS (sold, no regrets)
    73S - #1100 (restored and now somewhere in Europe)
    1997 993 Carrera 4S Black on Black (sold)

Personally I never met Mr. Krieger but have read about him for years on this board. Some people are just born to be crooks I guess. Here is a guy who obviously knew a fair amount about Porsches. The marque has provided a good living for many involved in all aspects of Porsche business. He could have done the same but apparently for years and years, was on the dark side. He was arrested when he returned from a cruise the article said. Did Wayne live "the good life?" Anyone know? BTW, note he is 71 ! I wonder if this is his first arrest? Thanks.

-Allen-

NICE!

I got close but, not too close early on when looking for parts for my car on EBay... Multiple aliases in emails, dodgy parts descriptions etc. I never ended up trying to buy from him but, kept track of the A Hole.

Hope he cries like a little girl in prison.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Henderson View Post

Thanks
    -Allen-
    Allen, PM sent… I have lots to share with you about Wayne.