Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SCAMMER ALERT!! Please read! ESPO RESTO

My next vintage Porsche will be a pristine survivor or a fully restored one done by a very reputable shop. I know it will cost me up front but I don’t have to worry about getting ripped off during the restoration / rebuilding process or having to wait a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by mejia_anthony View Post
    My next vintage Porsche will be a pristine survivor or a fully restored one done by a very reputable shop. I know it will cost me up front but I don’t have to worry about getting ripped off during the restoration / rebuilding process or having to wait a decade.
    xD to wait 10 years and let them bleed to death... while I prefer to do the restoration at home and pay the guy to come and fix the vehicle on weekends... Seen what you have seen, you think that taking the vehicle to a place specialized will be a thousand times better and faster0 and from what you can see... in some cases... It is more harmful than getting yourself to remove rust... A few years ago someone published some images of JOhn's work... John's job, not the daughter's... My question, at that time the daughter was already in charge? The holes in the metal that a user presented in his pieces etc... were for me clear about the level of work, I have to say that I do not know if that complaint post was forgotten or was deleted. I will look for it.,

Esposito wasn't a perfect human being/business man by any means throughout his career but he did good work on my (former) 67S. After he got sick and his daughter came back into the picture, everything went to hell in a hand basket pretty quickly and I - along with many others it seems - got scammed or misled. I have a legal judgement against all of them on another deal, now trying to collect. They really should be shut down and they have sadly done damage to the Porsche enthusiast community.

Yeeesh, 10 years? I hope the end for them comes sooner...but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    xD to wait 10 years and let them bleed to death... while I prefer to do the restoration at home and pay the guy to come and fix the vehicle on weekends... Seen what you have seen, you think that taking the vehicle to a place specialized will be a thousand times better and faster0 and from what you can see... in some cases... It is more harmful than getting yourself to remove rust... A few years ago someone published some images of JOhn's work... John's job, not the daughter's... My question, at that time the daughter was already in charge? The holes in the metal that a user presented in his pieces etc... were for me clear about the level of work, I have to say that I do not know if that complaint post was forgotten or was deleted. I will look for it.,

Happens very often it seems, this time with a vintage Ferrari mechanic. Sad.

https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/f...es-1235578526/

Can't change the spots on a leopard.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...supercars.html

"Callaway's arrest has led to a reveal of a previous criminal record dating back decades.

He was convicted of burglary in 2001 and also charged on multiple counts of theft and fraud.

In 2003, he was convicted of grand theft and possession of a controlled substance before being found guilty of domestic violence in 2006.

In 2012, he was convicted yet again, this time of both perjury and extortion.

He likely faces more legal trouble - at least one other lawsuit and a legal declaration - for selling cars he didn't own in the first place outside of this Arizona case.
    Thomas Shaughnessy, a consultant and historian on Ferraris, filed in California Superior Court that Callaway tried to sell a Ferrari Monza that didn't belong to him at an auto show in Paris.
    The declaration may be connected to a separate lawsuit Callaway faces in the San Diego area.

A Belgian man named Arthur Teerlynck sued him last August for unfair business practices, breach of contract, fraud and violations of California's Automotive Repair Act.
    It claims the he overcharged for restoring a 1973 Ferrari Daytona valued at $950,000, a 1961 Maserati 3500 Spyder Vignale valued at $825,000, a 1986 Ferrari 328 valued at $100,000 and a 1995 Rolls-Royce Flying Spur valued at $40,000.
    Teerlynck argues that he paid $1.46million to Callaway for services he was not licensed to do and also wrongfully assumed control over Terrlynck's cars and tried to hide them from him.

Perhaps most outrageously, Callaway is accused of putting pieces in a $200,000 Ferrari Testarossa meant to make the engine fail on purpose and then posted about how damaged it was on Instagram.

Callaway likely faces more legal trouble - at least one other lawsuit and a legal declaration - for selling cars he didn't own in the first place outside of this Arizona cas
    A Belgian man named Arthur Teerlynck sued Callaway last August for unfair business practices, breach of contract, fraud and violations of California's Automotive Repair Act
    Teerlynck is seeking fees and damages via a trial by jury.
    Callaway has a trial scheduled to begin on August 14 and a court hearing on the status of Teerlynck's lawsuit May 14."
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

A leopard rarely changes his spots....once a crook....always a crook.
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Here's a list from Ferrari Chat:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111