Thread: Another loss from the British motorsport community

Another loss from the British motorsport community

Sad news of another passing reported in Autosport:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.a...4/6885056/amp/

My son and I caught up with Clive and his family at the BRDC Clubhouse Silverstone during the British Grand Prix weekend this summer. His mother wasn’t there. We first got acquainted thorough work during my time at Lotus as we both used to work part-time at Kett Hall which the family still owned — and in other ways outside work because our eldest boys were in the same class at school. Always a most charming family, they all made us feel very welcome when moving up to their part of the world. Small thoughtful things like helping my wife as a newcomer to Norwich break the ice with the other mothers. Or including our son, the new boy, in gatherings among the established group of kids. My wife and I have strong memories of that period living in Norfolk and me being part of Lotus — the businesses that the Chapman family had founded. Still today among the most successful Formula One teams of all time as well as great success in other forms of racing and road car innovation.

We see one another at Historic racing events like Goodwood Silverstone etc these days. My son and I were invited by Clive to drop in when next passing that special Norfolk motorsport heritage triangle: Hethel - Ketteringham Hall - East Carleton, however up near Norwich is not a location I travel near much these days. Although he told me jokingly not to pull-up in my in my old Porsche— I suppose he remembered me sometimes taking the 911 to work back then even tough I had company Lotus I was supposed to use

Condolences. Our thoughts are with the Chapman family at this sad time. .

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 12-16-2021 at 11:36 AM.