Thread: Track Down 1972 911E Targa, Originally Gemini Blue, Later Painted White

Track Down 1972 911E Targa, Originally Gemini Blue, Later Painted White

Hello,

I am trying to see if I can track down the owner who purchased an old car I had. By the oddest of circumstances, I met the son of the original owner of the car. If I explained the full story of how we crossed paths and figured out it was his dad's car, you would never believe it.

I think it would mean a lot to this gentleman if he could see some photos of the car again, as his dad passed away a few years ago, and it is a car that really connected him to his father.

I will try to do my best to describe it. Hopefully someone here has the car, or can link me up with the individual who does.

- 1972 911E Targa

- VIN 9112210439 (I'm pretty sure)

- Originally Gemini Blue Metallic

- Painted white by someone before it came to me, so I don't know current color status

- Originally had standard seats

- Original owner was a Pan Am Captain who lived in Tiburon, CA (Marin County)

- His last name was Quinn

- The car came with a TON of service records, handwritten fuel logs, etc. Most of the old records were from mechanics in the San Francisco Bay area, and the owner's address would have been listed in the same area.

- I purchased the car from someone in Washington state, if I recall correctly, around 2004-2005, and brought the car to LA

- I sold the car to a flipper/dealer, Fantasy Junction in California, who who then put it up for sale in early 2007. Hopefully the books and records went with the car.

- I'm guessing the car would have been sold to someone in California around this time, but who knows?

Really, if anyone can link me up with this car, it would be fantastic. Very unlikely story the son and I would have ever crossed paths, let alone engage in random conversation that would eventually lead us to figure out this was his dad's car and I had owned it at one time.

If you can help, please try to reach out to me by EMAILING me via my username, NOT using a PM, as I don't check in here for messages.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

The world can be a strange place.
    Last edited by J-P; 12-20-2021 at 07:33 PM.
    J-P
    S Registry #949

Hi JP
    Sounds like my car purchased in 2007 from a flipper in Ashland Oregon. Has a nudge bar.
    Small world, Email sent.
    Craig
    Last edited by 67SWT; 12-20-2021 at 09:14 PM.
    Craig Williams
    Eugene,OR

Member #1070

1972 911E Targa Puck

Interesting! I'm guessing the car doesn't't get out and about much these days, Craig. I've never seen it around here.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Arne View Post
    Interesting! I'm guessing the car doesn't't get out and about much these days, Craig. I've never seen it around here.
    Unfortunately the last few years the car has been used sparingly. I haven't been to a Porsche get together for a number of years and when I did I usually took my 356. In 14 years of ownership I have only traveled 14000 miles but have enjoyed them all. About the only thing I have added are some 73 sports seats and a different steering wheel. It is still white, never had the nerve to try and take it apart and repaint it. Lately I have thought I should drive it up the road and see if Scott would work his magic on it. Funny how the post by JP has got my Porsche juices flowing again. This was the 1st 911 I drove after having a 912 softie and 356 cabriolet for several years. I remember telling my wife at the time we are going to have to get one of these.
    Craig Williams
    Eugene,OR

Member #1070

1972 911E Targa Puck

Quote Originally Posted by 67SWT View Post
    Hi JP
    Sounds like my car purchased in 2007 from a flipper in Ashland Oregon. Has a nudge bar.
    Small world, Email sent.
    Craig
    Hi Craig,

That is so cool! Yes, the car had a factory push-bar.

I didn't receive an email, so sent one one your way.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Cheers,

J-P
    J-P
    S Registry #949

J-P
    It seems the email function is not working. I sent you a PM with my contact information.
    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Williams
    Eugene,OR

Member #1070

1972 911E Targa Puck