Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2.7 with stock leistritz vs Dansk sport

I believe I cured the power issue using the Dansk muffler.
    What they have done in construction design is place the long out going pipe right in front of the two inlets and on top of this they left too much inlet pipe entering the can. They have literally blocked the exhaust gas flow entering . I took a long domore dremel and ground out 3/4” of internal inlet pipe inside the Can to the weld line.
    Bingo ! Power on todays 2.4S jumped From 208hp with the blocked exhaust to 215hp . Photo attached . 205.9hp x 1.043CF=215
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Quote Originally Posted by glaverbel911 View Post
    I believe I cured the power issue using the Dansk muffler.
    What they have done in construction design is place the long out going pipe right in front of the two inlets and on top of this they left too much inlet pipe entering the can. They have literally blocked the exhaust gas flow entering . I took a long domore dremel and ground out 3/4” of internal inlet pipe inside the Can to the weld line.
    Bingo ! Power on todays 2.4S jumped From 208hp with the blocked exhaust to 215hp . Photo attached . 205.9hp x 1.043CF=215
    Nice Robert. Strange that they built them like this. For a company (sort of) specialized in exhaust systems, you wouldn't expect this. So you grinded or cut-off the inlet pipe inside the muffler?
    911S 1973
    Early 911S Registry #176

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    Nice Robert. Strange that they built them like this. For a company (sort of) specialized in exhaust systems, you wouldn't expect this. So you grinded or cut-off the inlet pipe inside the muffler?
    That’s correct. Grind out the excess pipe that’s inside the can too the weld penetration line. The Dansks I’ve had are the same construction be it sport or standard .
    I used my old toolmakers Dumore for the longer reach.
    Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Robert, have you tried the current Porsche classic muffler?
    Hi.
    No. Have not had one yet to test. Would be interesting.
    Regards, Robert

Actually you have. My 2.4S had the Porsche Classic muffler on it. And you got a pretty good hp bump out of the whole package.

Ravi
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    Actually you have. My 2.4S had the Porsche Classic muffler on it. And you got a pretty good hp bump out of the whole package.

Ravi
    hi Ravi.
    No I haven’t . If you have one drop it by. I’ll gladly test it for everyone.
    So far this past week the modified standard Dansk is working as good as the originals. I have two Dansk Sports that will also need the same modification and will test them next week.
    Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Robert, have you tried the current Porsche classic muffler?
    Hi.
    No. Have not had one yet to test. Would be interesting.
    Regards, Robert
    I'm confused Herr Groß. Here is my engine on your dyno. With a Porsche Classic muffler. No? Did you use a different muffler for tuning?

Ravi

Name:  20180425_225305191_iOS.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  116.0 KBName:  IMG_2610.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  101.8 KB
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

I guess we did then ��!!
    I just never noted it down because the motor did not stagnant at the 195/200 zone as the case with a Dansk .

Cheers��

Any more info on the "classic " I would like to see if they are different quality/ sound wise than the dansk.

Quote Originally Posted by chiroracer View Post
    Any more info on the "classic " I would like to see if they are different quality/ sound wise than the dansk.
    The Classic performs just as good as the originals as per Ravi’s 2.4S engine.
    The Dansk will work and sound just as well if you grind out the excessive secondary tubes entering the muffler body.
    Construction Quality of both are great but I find the Dansk more often difficult to line up with the 4 M10 exchanger bolts needing a push and tug to line up. .
    Regards,

Great to hear, I will probably get the dansk and do the grinder dance.
    Thanks!