Thread: RIP Jesse Alexander ....

Unhappy RIP Jesse Alexander ....

About 3 weeks ago we lost one of the best auto race photographers of all time....

http://vintagemotorsport.com/2021/12...der-1929-2021/

I shook his hand a few times at book signings before I formally met him at an RGruppe Treffen in '09...

He was quite, sincere, and thoughtfully to the point.... with piercing blue eyes.. Oh what those eye had seen...

When I asked him about the 1958 Fangio 'looking back' shot from Reims (Fangio's last race) ... 'Did you set that shot up with him?'
    Jesse smiled and said... "you bet we did" ....

At that Treffen in '09 we met on a back road where he took a shot of my old blue car from an SUV ... I'm VERY proud of that shot...

R.I.P. Jesse....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Jesse

In the mid 80’s there was a series if his best work sold through Car and Driver magazine. They were limited to 250 sets, all photos signed by Jesse personally.
    I got set 110. The most famous to me was Jim Clark after the end of the race at Spa that his teammate was killed during the race.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    In the mid 80’s there was a series if his best work sold through Car and Driver magazine. They were limited to 250 sets, all photos signed by Jesse personally.
    I got set 110. The most famous to me was Jim Clark after the end of the race at Spa that his teammate was killed during the race.
    Nice collection to have. As I recall there were two deaths in that race of 1960. His team mate Alan Stacey in a Lotus and Chris Bristow driving a Cooper Climax. A tragic period in motor racing history.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI