Thread: Trackdays in Germany Holland Belgium

Trackdays in Germany Holland Belgium

Hi as of today registration for DSK Freies Fahren trackdays is possible.
    (Ideally you join the DSK while registering - It's cheaper than booking as guest)
    I've registered for
    • Nürburgring Nordschleife 5. August (4x50 min)
    • SPA Francorchamps 20th October (5x30 min)

Here's the link to the organizers Homepage https://www.dskev.de/freies-fahren/
    They have a group dedicated to vintage cars

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    [*]SPA Francorchamps 20th October (5x30 min)[/LIST]
    Thank you Uli for the hint. I've booked and I'm looking forward to doing a few laps with you in October.
    Golden greetings
    Andreas

Looking for the engine 6320484
    MY 1972 2.4S Targa
    MY 1973 T with gentle updates
    MY 1988 560 SL
    MY 1965 Giulia Super

What kind of equipment do you need (helmet etc)? Is this suitable for absolutely novice track drivers? I couldn't find that information on the site.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

Hi Frederik only a helmet is needed.
    I haven't been before on the DSK trackdays and don't know if they do much of a drivers briefing before. But I assume if you know the meaning of the flags, that you don't overtake and drive slower when a yellow flag is out and you signalise with the indicator on which side you'll stay if you let faster ones pass it'll be sufficient.
    Would be nice to see you. You could also join the regular sessions with the 996 (they have a fast group, a slow group and a group for classic cars) I would not recommend to go in the fast group
    If you enter "dsk freies fahren" or "DSK Hugo Emde" in youtube you'll see lots of videos.
    Here you can see a friend - let's call him mr. smith - having some fun in the wet on nürburgring grand prix course. from 3:30 on
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5VwhpFUrrA
    here's part two https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QovrmoC9f0
    Last edited by uai; 01-10-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Hmm, maybe it would be best for me to do an introductory day with an instructor first. (BTW, a non-GT/Turbo 996 is not very suitable for track driving unfortunately... long right hand bends lead to oil starvation since it's not really dry sump.)
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

Quote Originally Posted by frederik View Post
    Hmm, maybe it would be best for me to do an introductory day with an instructor first.
    Hi Frederik
    it would be really, really cool if you were there.
    Last year I was in Hockenheim with Uli on a "tourist trip". He was at the wheel of his incomparable "rat" and I was the passenger.
    After the first timeslot I thought "I never would like to do that with my Porsche!"
    After the second timeslot I thought "That's exactly what I want to do !!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    I'll do it in Spa like on the way to Merano in autumn 2020, I'll try to stay on Uli's rear wheel.
    Golden greetings
    Andreas

Looking for the engine 6320484
    MY 1972 2.4S Targa
    MY 1973 T with gentle updates
    MY 1988 560 SL
    MY 1965 Giulia Super