Thread: Battery 1971 T Targa

Battery 1971 T Targa

Hello,

Picked up a 1971 T Targa. Would like to just have a 12 V battery not 2 6's

Recommendations. This has probably been asked but i am new to this model of Porsche and the Registry.

Thank you.

Bruce

should be 2 - 12V battery not 6 Volts

Welcome to the registry! Type sonnenschien battery in the search field and you will find multiple threads on batteries.
    David

911 S Registry # 1054
    1970 911 E Coupe Signal Orange (#1414)
    1979 BMW 320i
    2001 Boxster S
    2003 Audi Allroad 2.7T Tiptronic
    2014 Jetta Sportwagon TDI DSG ( sold back to Volkswagen)
    2015 Allroad 2.0 TFSI

As above stock was two 12V batteries. In my 71 Targa I am using 1 Odyssey AGM battery (no acid above the suspension pan) from memory it has about 975 CCA and works great. I did remove the additional cables from the passenger side Bat box. The Odyssey fits in the battery box (cant think of model# now) I am using the stock hold down BUT added some wood behind the battery to get the terminals outside the Bat box as I did not want the terminals under the top of the box with minimal clearance. I can get you the model# if you would like.
    One battery is plenty for the 911.

Regards