Thread: Mission R...here come the EV racers.

Mission R...here come the EV racers.

It definitely looks the part, but I'm not sure about the sound of it...and it is loud.
    Finger nails screeching across a blackboard comes to mind?
    It's nearly that annoying to me.
    Give me the howl of flat six any day.
    Beautiful car nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MeicW388ts

mission.jpg
    -Doug
    2022 Carrera 4S Oslo Blue
    1977 Martini Edition 924
    1989 Lancia Delta Integrale 16V

Not a nice sounding car (but good looking), performance capabilities were on a short leash for the video. So not too exciting to see, but no doubt the direction for the future. Good to see Porsche taking the lead with EV racers.
    Taycan also came close to 911 sales numbers for 2022, and outsold Panamera and 718 combined.
    EV's are ok, (except for converted early 911's).
    Cheers,

Jones...
    early S # 2626
    '71 911T
    '05 BMW 330ci
    '22 Wills Sainte Claire
    '96 S10 truck

Why does it have clear roof panels?
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.

Have the TV on in the garage and CARFIX (a MotorTrend channel show) has the show's hosts disassembling a Tesla battery...about a 4' X 8' block of a featureless, and to me, uninteresting power plant that they are going to put in a Cougar. Changed the channel and watching an old Bonanza re-run. Race car or no race car, just not a fan of the EV movement.

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Even if am, like many of you, a petrol head, I like that one very much in every aspects. The look, the performance and I would fancy watching it around Le Mans for 24hours.... erhhh not yet possible sooooo like a Carrera cup like, and why not have one in my garage .

Race cars are so sexy, and have always been, electric or not.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    ...just not a fan of the EV movement.
    Ahh, but I am a fan. I could totally see having a street version of the Mission R in my garage. Assuming it had enough range to be truly useful. Say, 250 miles or more.
    - Arne
    Current - 2018 718 Cayman, Rhodium Silver, PDK

Sold - 1972 911T coupe, Silver Metallic; 1984 911 Carrera coupe, Chiffon white; 1973 914 2.0, Saturn Yellow; 1984 944, Silver Metallic

...and so the debate goes on and I know I have no power to stop the march to EV's. I am, however, adament that they have NO soul, and the typical retort re their greatness is how fast they are. This is as little interest (and relevance) to me as Porsche's latest Nurburgring (sp?) lap record in a fossil fuel burning car. Cars have always had visual design differences, but for car people, it was the different drivetrains that powered our favorite cars that made them unique in feel and sound, and hence our allegiance to them. Some of us love the flat 6, some like a small block Chevy, Ferrari V-12, etc., etc. All that is gone with an EV...

The best sounds I ever heard from a car were the F1 Ferraris around Laguna Seca.
    This seems similar with eeriness.

I would sell my 356 Cab and buy a Taycan.... If I didn't hear they have a good percentage of unpublished problems.
    Last edited by Scott A; 01-16-2022 at 01:58 PM.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Witness the impending demise of the ICE....
    Embrace your contraption, as its energy source is soon to vanish.
    There, I said it.