Thread: Carpet Dash Trim on ST and Sports Purpose Cars?

Carpet Dash Trim on ST and Sports Purpose Cars?

I’ve been scouring the internet and looking through a few books I have in search of sports purpose 911s with carpet dash trim. I was looking specifically for carpet where the aluminum / vinyl trim is normally placed on the face of the dash. I’ve come across a few pictures of this sort of carpet / trim and wondered if anyone can post period pictures (or current pictures if this isn’t period correct) with this arrangement.

I’m building a LWT ST inspired car and was interested in trimming my dash this way but wanted to get some ideas (inspiration?) before I went that route. I’m not building a replica of any car in particular (or even a period correct car) but would like to replicate period details if I can.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

I ended up finding pictures of the ‘69S Acropolis rally car and decided to copy the look.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 07-22-2022 at 09:03 PM.
    Registry # 3063

Details of the sports purpose cars are hard to come by. It is always nice to see such documentation even if it is just an interpretation of how it might have been done.
    I am still researching the M491 option, first available as such for 1972, to put together a detailed list of all of the changes made to the standard 911 as part of that package. One tends to learn just bits and pieces at a time from many sources.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers