Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seat rails for RS seats

Seat rails for RS seats

So i finally purchased a set of used RS seats (reproduction), they came with no rails or peanut head rests. Anyone have a set of rails for sale? Or who can i source a set from?

Thanks

Rex

I have some originals, repops are available @marek or carpoint.de https://www.carpoint.de/porsche-ersa...satz_2186_3192

Originals pop up here from time to time for the price of the fake copies...looks fake too. Just be patient if you want originals and no need to pay drug money either. I sold my GT version originals for $750 and it was here for several weeks but did eventually sell.

Quote Originally Posted by al agustin View Post
    Originals pop up here from time to time for the price of the fake copies...looks fake too. Just be patient if you want originals and no need to pay drug money either. I sold my GT version originals for $750 and it was here for several weeks but did eventually sell.
    But he's looking for Reacros not scheels

rex, a tip from me: reproduction seats do not necessarily have to correspond to the original in every detail. the best example here are the knurled screws, which have a different shape that is immediately visible. Before buying original parts such as rails and headrest, you should first check whether they also fit plug and play on your replica seats. So the question is, for example: do your replica seats have the threaded mounts for the rail screws in exactly the same place as the original? as I said, just a friendly tip ;-)

regards uwe

Thanks! Do you have the flip type? In repops

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    rex, a tip from me: reproduction seats do not necessarily have to correspond to the original in every detail. the best example here are the knurled screws, which have a different shape that is immediately visible. Before buying original parts such as rails and headrest, you should first check whether they also fit plug and play on your replica seats. So the question is, for example: do your replica seats have the threaded mounts for the rail screws in exactly the same place as the original? as I said, just a friendly tip ;-)

regards uwe
    Hi Uwe,

So the seats I got so have the inserts for the hardware. I ran a bolt through them. As far as fitment, you make a good point. As I was digging a little deeper, I realized my current seats (G body seats) where fitted with modification (1980’s update rash by previous owners) so now I’m looking for an adapter for a 1976 as I’m sure the width for a pre 73is different. Or chanchge the mounting rails out. Hmmmmmm

Here’s my seats now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    But he's looking for Reacros not scheels
    My apology, that's what I meant, Recaro Seat rails, the Scheels are much cheaper, usually going for about $200-250 and quite common.

hi rex, if you are looking for a bracket for the g-model with attachment points for recaros, i have several for sale here.

regards uwe