Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: MOMO GT horn button, red

FS: MOMO GT horn button, red

SOLD

Got this in a deal and it won’t be used, so I’m letting it go.
    Never seen a red GT button before, pretty rare I’ll say. It’s in decent condition, a small dent on the back and some pitting on the chrome.

Located in Sweden and WW shipping is included.

Price : €230 obro

102CA1C2-4A18-4221-8299-5A3582EEBB64.jpg
    8FFEE5C9-F59D-4F80-92C4-41A4A3B7D2A6.jpg
    FBE319E8-7F97-4267-B1DD-CA1FED618A85.jpg
    Last edited by Teletomte; 02-17-2022 at 11:17 PM.

Still available! A cool addition to your hot rod with a MOMO wheel

ABB90BBF-0E17-4FD4-8265-28B5FA1B8EC4.jpg

Still here, would do a partial trade towards a solid 230 hub or maybe a 917ish gear knob.

Would you take 200 euro?
    Ralph
    1970 911E
    Instagram @ralph.k.w
    Early S Registry #2728

Not seen often
    Mark

Sold! Thanks to buyer and the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Not seen often
    Not in red, no. I've seen and gathered a lot of rare stuff over the years. Rare through the eyes of a collector that is. Never ever have i seen one of these in red anywhere wordwide. Untill a guy shows up claiming he has two of these... I'm not talking about the seller here by the way, not making any accusations towards him at all. I'm only a little afraid that this horn was most likely obtained through the guy i am thinking of.
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look

Feel free to share your knowledge�� If there should be any doubt regarding authenticity I’ll do my duty towards the buyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Robi View Post
    Not in red, no. I've seen and gathered a lot of rare stuff over the years. Rare through the eyes of a collector that is. Never ever have i seen one of these in red anywhere wordwide. Untill a guy shows up claiming he has two of these... I'm not talking about the seller here by the way, not making any accusations towards him at all. I'm only a little afraid that this horn was most likely obtained through the guy i am thinking of.
    Forgot to quote.

Admitting, there is little to no info about the old stuff. Not online, not with collectors, not through momo itself. I've been in contact with momo italy for quite some years and can honestly say, the questions i launched towards them over the years have never been replied with actual, knowledgeable info.

So for this red GT horn as well, i'm fairly sure nobody will be able to claim it's originality. And i can honestly say as well, it does look original. But at the same time, i have horns (even later gen) that look like "unique" / "one of a kind" (or two of a kind as in this case) / "uberrare" pieces. Over the years, i have neglected most of this bullshit as it just wasn't worth my time. Unfortunately, the more i see from some people, the more it annoys me. At some point the time comes to start pointing out the bullshit from some people. This whole things brings me right away to the sad side of the so-called collectors world. Many of the people claiming to be collectors are nothing but sellers/flippers. And again, in all honesty, i have nothing against people flipping steering wheels or cars. I DO have an issue with people making up (or stealing) a story because it suits them well. There's guys around, if they ever manage to trigger me enough to invest time in showing what i know about them, you'll be pulling eyes wide open. I won't be calling names at this point as i'm not the type to trash talk people directly but i'm sure there will be people reading this, knowing they're on my list. They might even pull over here, confirming the originality about this horn, just to try and bug me. But at the same time, they're claim to be momo collectors and don't even succeed in listing wheels for sale under the correct momo name. Not even while collecting for decades. Some collectors...

So on topic again about the horn, it's not up to someone to claim it's unoriginality. That's pretty much impossible when it's already hard enough to claim the originality. But what i've learned over the years: if a 'collector' doesn't have significantly valuable, really rare stuff, than chances are small that this guy has stuff noone else has seen. Or even two of them to 'proof' the originality. I can go on way deeper on our friend in question, about how whenever i discussed deals with him about first generation horns and he 'never payed more than 50€ for a horn' but than tries to sell this exact stuff on ebay for 350$. Or how he has a 'gold bezel ferrari horn, unlike every other he has seen'. While when he showed me i had explained him that it happened to me once before while cleaning a horn, and the chromed layer peeled of, showing the copper color. Just look at his horns, it's pretty obvious they undergo some cleaning/polishing before he shows them and that is fine on it's own, but it totally fits my own experience. Yet he never cared for what i said and continued to offer his 'unique piece'.

I'm sorry if this interveniance was bad timing or unappropiate since you're selling here, but i really am sick of some "collectors". At the same time, there's still plenty of good guys around, just kow that most collectors arent real collectors, rather than sellers. And if that's the case, they should just be open about it and don't bring the sotrytelling to the table. So is this red GT horn a 100% original piece? In my opinion, given the background where it's coming from, i would be doubting whatever was claimed. Unless they can bring proof.

P.S.: Same thing with the Porsche design momo. There once was a guy sellig one of these, claiming there were only 450 produced of these wheels. That was some years ago and up untill today, there are still people sticking to that story when they have one for sale. I've had about a dozen NOS of these, I can say with confidence, the 450pcs part is total BS. These were produced around early 90s. The magnus walker wheel which came to the market 2015-2015 was actually produced in a quantity of 400 pieces and while it is way newer, it is way harder to find than the PD momo.
    Click to see my momo collection --> For those interested in my steering wheel collection, feel free to have a look