Thread: 67 Electrical panel

67 Electrical panel

Originally planned to rehab my electrical/fuse panel for my ‘67 S Targa. Looked like a job for my minimal skill set. .Finally got all the components off the board and started my search for new bits and pieces. What seemed impossible were the fuel pump stand offs. Found some Turbo stand offs but proved too large. Useable but not very authentic looking. Got the speed nuts through Sierra Madre and picked up a used and working fuel pump five or six years ago at Hershey. Long ago and far away I purchased a new Bosch coil and ran down a W592 relay and
    the appropriate Beru series resistor.

The regulator switch was toast so at about the same time as indicated I purchased the new electronic equivalent from Sierra Madre and put it away contemplating this rebuild. Paid $226.00 back then. Now seems to list between $429.00 and $439.00 depending on vendor. Pulled it out of the box only to find that from a cosmetic standpoint the new one was much shorter than the old. Horizontality dimensionally correct. Have switched the cover (another thread) and looks good. Painted the cover with Rustoleum aged metallic but it looks more like Porsche silver metallic. Oh well!

Somewhere along the line Carmel Skip sold off his parts and I was blessed with a restored Bendix fuel pump at a reasonable price. In searching the ESR for sale items I came across somebody selling the Kroon panel. Went to Kroon’s site to find it listed at 146 euros with the fuel pump standoffs and the speed nuts

To make a long story short I decided to order the Kroon panel and start there. Accordantly I am selling my original panel, used but unrestored fuel pump with a new label to be applied after cleaning. Also including a used Beru resistor and a new Jorge coil bracket. Have a few extra speed nuts and should have some appropriate self tapping screws to the throw in. Fuel pump worked when I bought it but needs at least a new filter. Recently found that pump standoffs (not included) can be purchased reasonably from Pegasus Racing for about $14.99 or from RallyNuts in the UK. I was also able to source the 2 pole cable connector (not included) from Nick Toro at Authentic Classics LLC in Staten Island. Don’t for get to cut the washers off two of the self tapping screws, The washers should not be used when attaching this cable connector. It’s also a Mercedes piece. Bought a ‘67S shroud and the alternator harness was thrown in. Dirty but in good shape so I’m including that. One of the connector loops at a wire end is mangled. Parts are pictured below. Asking $350.00 plus shipping. I will eat the PayPal fee. It’s a good basis for the really talented and patient.

20220215_160543.jpg20220215_154201.jpg20220215_153931.jpg20220215_153516.jpg20220220_162237.jpg20220220_162312.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by doigthom; 02-20-2022 at 12:39 PM. Reason: PICTURES

PM Sent
    Best
    C