Thread: Dealership Stickers

Dealership Stickers

Does anyone have pictures of period dealership stickers? Here’s an example of the one used by Jo Siffert. I’d like to find one from Fleischhauer in Cologne from around 1968 so I can reproduce it for my car, but I’d be interested in seeing others as well.

Name:  IMG_0809.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  16.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1139.JPG
Views: 560
Size:  32.9 KB

The window sticker for the British dealer that sold my 73 RS brand new at launch in October 1972 a was designed by Nick Faure the racing-driver who won the British National production sport car championship in 1973 driving the British importer’s Carrera RS. Nick worked part time as a graphic artist in parallel to being a very talented driver.

Nick later used to borrow the same RS when he was involved with its then owner a partner with whom he raced cars at Le Mans … other drivers his colleagues in the race team at that time included: Pink Floyd’s manager, Derek Bell, Eddie Jordan (before he became F1 team owner), Tiff Needel (before he became a TV presenter), and drummer Nick Mason. Then about ten years later Nick brokered the sale of that same RS to me when had a Porsche car sales business. I even picked the car up from the team workshop when collecting it — I had insisted Nick had it serviced before I collected it. I proceeded to use them for a number of years as they knew it and with that heritage how to look after it .

Original dealership sticker that Nick designed for them shows back in 72 they sold Ferrari & Fiat, Rolls Royce and Aston Martin in addition were an official main agent for the VW-Porsche 50:50 joint venture that sold those air-cooled products across most of Europe from the late sixties into the seventies.

In the U.K. vehicle licences (annual road tax) were by law required to be displayed on front windscreen as small paper discs — the RS still has the original tax disc holder with the importers logo and address details. Doubt many of those self adhesive windscreen branded holders extant after what will be first road use 50 years Feb next year. This was the same British some concessionaire (importer) thet Nick raced for in 73 when he convincingly won that prodsports British championship in a sister 73 RS.

Nice small world coincidence, the dealer sticker and the windscreen tax disc holder — two small totems that have links to Nick who has known / had involvement with the particular car and people associated with through its life.

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-27-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Joseph Siffert Automobiles . . .

. . . Fribourg

There are two versions of this --- that I know of . . .

. . . one, on the back of his 917 (?)

Unique font

Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes

Fleischhauer Bonner Kundendienst Gemeinschaft sticker seen on a 1968 912 auctioned on Bring a Trailer.

Name:  1FF67D48-FC8F-4EC2-8101-3F22D504319A.jpeg
Views: 423
Size:  58.9 KB

Are there stickers like this for other dealers?

Can someone translate this?

Thanks
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Gratz View Post
    Fleischhauer Bonner Kundendienst Gemeinschaft

Can someone translate this?

Thanks
    Eric
    Fleischhauer Bonn customer service community
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Interesting 'thread'

The Europeans, British Car Dealers did this stuff way back.

The American manufactured car dealers of the era also did so I am surprised that the likes of "Hoffman and the like" didn't slap them on every piece of glass.

M2CW
    Mark

Teechny,

Thanks for the translation. I found a few other examples of the Kundendienst Gemeinschaft stickers on the web.

Here’s one from Cologne with a 24 hr number

Name:  IMG_1395.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  54.7 KB

And here is one from Kremer Porsche

Name:  EE46A61F-F41B-4195-BFB6-25FC8F7DBF4C.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  57.7 KB

Mark, I think you nailed it.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183