Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strange seat insert material

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    you are wrong...
    How can you assert that the weave in post No.1 is not different from that in post No.2?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I think your 'difference' is an optical illusion. From further away it appears as a white background (probably from the picture exposure) and close up appears to be a blue background.

However, the red stitching tells the tale. In both examples, Red bisects the blue diamonds and encloses 4 un-bisected white diamonds. That's how I see it anyway but, I failed the whole internet dress color question a while back.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

We have been an importer of hi end fabrics for over 45 yrs. Both of these fabrics were made in the same mill. One needs to remember that ‘batch’ variation always happens. One must also remember that fabrics wear, and pending on what clothing was warn against them (rub test) alters the appearance over time.
    We have European fabrics that have been milled for hundreds of years and although they are made in the same loving manner they are always slightly different
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    How can you assert that the weave in post No.1 is not different from that in post No.2?
    how can you assert that the weave in post No.1 is different from that in post No.2? something wrong with your peepers?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

yep..... if you look at moitos 2 side by side pictures
    the one on the left if you turn 90 degrees looks like the one on the right
    .....moitos last post .... he aligned them for all to see.
    well done franz

Another thing to consider is that Germany is not known for the milling of fabrics. For example the corduroy used by Scheel and Recaro were most likely Italian.
    As I said earlier, made in the same mill, possibly different batches and wear conditions
    Can be replicated but a textile mill would require an order of around 350 meters to do so
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    yep..... if you look at moitos 2 side by side pictures
    the one on the left if you turn 90 degrees looks like the one on the right
    .....moitos last post .... he aligned them for all to see.
    well done franz
    off topic .........
    Bob, those seats and your cars rear seat pan/ parcel shelf have something in common

mark,

that is not entirly correct…
    the fabric industry was a huge factor in german economics and went down slowly after the war and came to a halt in the end 80ies-90ies f.i. in Augsburg, there had been huge factories, which started already at 1770….some lasted up to 2002. There had been more than 20.000 employess in roughly 35 companies alone in Augsburg..

br
    haul
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Another thing to consider is that Germany is not known for the milling of fabrics. For example the corduroy used by Scheel and Recaro were most likely Italian.
    As I said earlier, made in the same mill, possibly different batches and wear conditions
    Can be replicated but a textile mill would require an order of around 350 meters to do so
    Oh no don't let this hear the guys around here. About 50 km from where I live was a huge textile industry - nowadays not much textile but still machinery (e.g. the world market leader producing knitting needles https://www.groz-beckert.com)
    +1 on german material back then
    Rohi in germany was supplier for Recaro tissue in the 70's - don't bother contacting them - they cannot help you getting corduroy or anything else from back then.
    https://www.rohi.com/kontakt/
    Last edited by uai; 03-03-2022 at 11:46 PM.

I believe this mystery is solved. I viewed the kardex on this 911 today. says seats leatherette black, seat inlay pepita/houndstooth. So yes, factory seats.
    Bobby Smith
    member #299
    1973 914/4 2.8 ltr. (FTD winner 2008 Charlotte Parade) (sold)
    1973 911 "Orangello"
    1973 914/6 GT 3.2 "Crystal Blue Persuasion" (sold)
    2011 Boxster Spyder
    1973 911 E "E GO" Metallic Green