Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOS ‘72 S spec fender-mounted oil cooler

NOS ‘72 S spec fender-mounted oil cooler

Behr M30x1.5 threaded type.

2C0FC68A-CF5D-4A1E-941F-0382EF2A7403.jpeg

Must be NOS, not used, due to risk of leaks & damage.

Please PM me with current, verifiable photos & price if you have one (not expecting many responses, if any tbh, but you never know…). 2 coolers would be even better, but that’s even less likely!

N.B. I will not respond to text messages or email addresses.
    ESR #4098
    ‘72 T Coupe (donor car for M491 2.5 SR)
    '72 S Coupe (2-owner tangerine unicorn)

These are very hard to obtain in the condition you desire , I received two in the last year that from all external appearances
    was intact but upon inspection was red tagged by Pacific unfortunately .
    I have also found two NOS which were not obscenely expensive but pricey non the less , it is my understanding that
    classiche dept of Porsche is producing some of these early components from new suppliers so possibly not 100 % identical
    but very close .
    Pacific Intercooler or whatever their website is has a number or very good reproduction pieces worth checking ...Bert

Thanks.

I am aware of the Porsche Classic new reproduction coolers, which as you say look similar but not identical (probably due to prohibitive tooling costs). They do have the correct M30x1.5 thread and brackets (which could be cut off and welded onto the other side for the left-hand one (as was done in period) however.

83A43A37-DE2F-43AA-AC6D-05BC2E106989.jpg

1EC83A30-0A96-4A83-9DF7-A5878633C327.jpeg

Price circa £1,500 / $2,000 each - I don’t know how this compares to the NOS ones you bought?
    ESR #4098

They new ones are available for about $1500 from various dealers in the USA.

https://www.aasesales.com/search?q=9...2&type=product

Plus extortionate shipping costs to the UK…

But they’re not what I’m really looking for.
    ESR #4098

Thanks for the suggestion but that’s nothing like the original one.
    ESR #4098

One of the hardest parts to find especially the LHS one I looked and asked for 3 years when doing my ST in the end relented and went with repro's

Same goes with a genuine St pump the last one I saw for sale was $30k USD I also baulked at that.

Good luck hunting.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Yes I do appreciate that Clyde. Most of the parts I need are unobtainium (100l fuel tank gauge, 10k tacho, Heinzmann fire extinguisher system, Preschona PRV and also these coolers to name but a few). I wasn’t expecting many, if any responses with actual parts but it would be remiss of me not to ask the question at least.

The Porsche Classic ones do appear to be pretty much identical to the BEHR one however and it was well-known that the left-hand one was basically a right-hand one with the brackets cut off and welded onto the other side, albeit with a different part number in the Competition Spare Parts list Nov’71 (901.107.045.00), so I may well get a couple of these if I can’t find NOS ones.
    ESR #4098

Yes recreations always finish up being a compromise due to part unavailability, good luck in finding at least some of those great parts you seek.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6