Thread: Top down drive

Top down drive

https://early911sregistry.org/forums...1&d=1649348752

Had a couple stops to make up in Portland yesterday and it warmed up enough to take the top down , (my only convertible), so turned out to be a nice drive in the old Vette. Rains coming tomorrow so one last chance today, sooo I'm going golfing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kent Olsen
    McMinnville, OR
    72 911 upgraded 3.0L
    RGRUPPE # 104

427 CID ? , small block?

Thumbs up

Rick,

I think I remember Kent said it was a vintage MOPAR BIG iron, distributor in the back, 392 HEMI !!!! ...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Yes very unique. 392 Hemi, Dual Carter AFB"s, TREMEC 5spd, Chrysler solid rear axle with 4 link suspension and coil over shocks, after market rear disc brakes and a custom small rear spoiler.
    Kent Olsen
    McMinnville, OR
    72 911 upgraded 3.0L
    RGRUPPE # 104

I've got a bubble on the pass door paint that I have lived with. Mainly since I never see it. Sooo I decided to take it down and have it fixed. Well wouldn't you know I went out to the golf course last week and some guy in a big 1 ton truck backed into me. Just crunched the little ducktail, buttt. Well I was scheduled to bring her into the shop this week and he left me a note with his info and his Insurance covered it. Sooo, should be back out of the shop next week.
    Kent Olsen
    McMinnville, OR
    72 911 upgraded 3.0L
    RGRUPPE # 104

Crushor + Crushee

Quote Originally Posted by kent olsen View Post
    . . . some guy in a big 1 ton truck backed into me. Just crunched the little ducktail, butt . . .
    Hate to say it, but --- I did the same thing . . . coupla months, ago

Picking up a friend for lunch. She ended-up coming out of a different exit, so --- looked around didn't see any cars or traffic . . . stuck my truck into reverse, and? . . .

MASSIVE crunch

My Tundra is huge --- damn bed comes up to my chin, just about . . . so my blind-spot out the back pretty-much goes out to the next county. Now, there is this nifty little back-up cam that comes up automatically in the inside rear-view --- the perspective 's a bit screwy . . . but regardless = totally my fault. Couldn't see him over the top of the tailgate + and didn't pick him up my tail cam

Short Version?

2016 Dodge = TOTALLED

2013 Tundra = new bumper + top pad cover-thingy

Shoulda seen that Dodge, too. Front end was done, hood buckled, but radiator core support straight, engine ran, nothing contacting/leaking, etc, etc --- simple parts swap, right? And most of the really-obliterated stuff --- bumper, grill, etc, were all plastic fercryinoutloud . . . while all the metal stuff, like the inner-supports + structure looked intact/undisturbed. The left front quarter was pushed back juuuuuust a bit --- enough that the door wouldn't open without taking some paint . . . but the Guy drove his car home

Nevertheless . . . done

As if I'm not cagey enough about taking out my Olde 911, already . . .

. . . now your story comes along

I'm BOTH o' Those Guys!

We Can Be Heroes