Hi all,

I thought that you might enjoy a project with a lot of metalshaping and pictures, even if on a 914 and not a 911. If not wished, just let me know and I will stop posting about it,no problems

First about myself: I am a french guy living in Stuttgart, 33 years old, mechanical engineer but my real passions are metalshaping and aircooled VWs and Porsche.

After some years of dreaming about it, I bought myself a porsche 914.. Light, low, fun on curvy roads, love it..

So the car: originally from the US (sadly I know nothing about its history there), it is a 1974 1,8l 914 originally phoenix red. It was sometimes repainted, before 1991 when it was imported to the UK. It ran there until 2009, where it found its way back to Germany. And since october with me!

It looked like a good driver, which was my goal, as I want to enjoy it on the road during the restoration of my karmann ghia

my plan was:
-drive drive drive drive (made 1000miles the first month with it )
-in the future: paint it original color back, improve the handling (it still has no sway bars, shocks are quite old, frame stiffener will be ordered,..), some interior modification,.. goal is to keep it usable on the street, while lightening it where possible and putting some more power (I am in love with the sound of a 6 but might keep it a big 4 for weight and legal reasons..).

Some pictures from the start:

I made some changes, mostly removing all sound deadening material, changing old bushes, mounting a short shifter,.. A pleasure on the roads!
The short shifter:

Cheers

Antoine