Thread: FS: @eBay - Early Recaro Sport Seats

FS: @eBay - Early Recaro Sport Seats

Hey everyone,
    I am selling these seats on eBay starting bid is $15,000.
    This pair of Early Recaro Sport Seats are finished in green leatherette with green spinneybeck woven centers. The seats feature side bolsters as well as brackets and manual sliders that are fitted to each seat. Each seat includes a stock single locking mechanism.

The seats are in very good condition and include original upholstery. The seat adjustment levers include the original Recaro logo. Slider rails are attached to the bottom of the seat.
    The seats are equipped with sliders as well as bolt holes to be mounted to the car.
    They have been kept in a temperature controlled environment since purchase and have since been rebuilt and restored.

Check Them Out:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-Recar...s/313967121575

PM me if you have any questions
    Thanks

DSC_0455.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous seats. Everybody with a green interior will look at their savings to see if they can buy them. I do have a question. The seats have no headrests so they are the early modell (late 67-68?). The upholstery looks new to me. Such seats were not made by recaro in green those days correct?

I also noticed the tilting frames. They have very handy seatbelt receiver attachments. I did not see that before on the original tilting frames. Is this a different type of frame? Or is it a later adjustment?

Again gorgeous seats for sure

Very nice seats!

Based on the 4-hole rails, type of tip frame and the bolsters I would assume 1968 seats, not the rare 1967 seats, but better to leave that judgement to Recarno :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-911E 1969 View Post
    Very nice seats!

Based on the 4-hole rails, type of tip frame and the bolsters I would assume 1968 seats, not the rare 1967 seats, but better to leave that judgement to Recarno :-)
    These are no 67 seats !

Sport Seats

Quote Originally Posted by 911E fan View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous seats. Everybody with a green interior will look at their savings to see if they can buy them. I do have a question. The seats have no headrests so they are the early modell (late 67-68?). The upholstery looks new to me. Such seats were not made by recaro in green those days correct?

I also noticed the tilting frames. They have very handy seatbelt receiver attachments. I did not see that before on the original tilting frames. Is this a different type of frame? Or is it a later adjustment?

Again gorgeous seats for sure
    Hi!
    So in regard to info about the seats, I don’t have much
    The frame is original to the seat
    These seats have been rebuilt by my grandfather but are original in color and leather.
    They seem to be the 1968 model, again I have found very little info in these seats especially in this color.
    Thanks

A lot has already been said about the seats and I can only agree. the seats are definitely not rare 66/67 swb recaros. So the year of manufacture is 1968 or "aftermarket" later. the seats were covered in a non-original version and there are also some parts that shouldn't be there. if that's your grandfather himself then he did a good job - a professional saddler would have to be criticized in some places. I keep my fingers crossed for the ambitious price.

regards uwe
    Last edited by recarno; 04-24-2022 at 12:34 AM.

Speaking of ambitious price. Yesterday on Bring A Trailer.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/recaro-sport-seats-2/

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    A lot has already been said about the seats and I can only agree. the seats are definitely not rare 66/67 swb recaros. So the year of manufacture is 1968 or "aftermarket" later. the seats were covered in a non-original version and there are also some parts that shouldn't be there. if that's your grandfather himself then he did a good job - a professional saddler would have to be criticized in some places. I keep my fingers crossed for the ambitious price.

regards uwe
    -------------------------------
    # 2477

Quote Originally Posted by John Binion View Post
    Speaking of ambitious price. Yesterday on Bring A Trailer.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/recaro-sport-seats-2/
    Holy cow!!
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Auckland, New Zealand. And Los Angeles, USA.
    Clyde, the words you used were much more polite than those which I uttered when I saw the BaT auction price!
    Kiwi
    1972 911S
    1967 912
    1959 356A Conv D
    Early S Registry # 306