Thread: The new Porsche 911 Sport Classic

The new Porsche 911 Sport Classic

Porsche announced the new Porsche 911 Sport Classic. In this 'Heritage Design' model, it sort of revives the legendary Porsche 911 2.7 RS (as it did back then with the first series 911 Sport Classic model 997).
    The new Porsche 911 Sport Classic will be the most powerful manual Porsche 911, powered by an 550 HP engine

The complete edited press release at Love for Porsche

2022 new Porsche 911 Sport Classic - 5.jpg

The 997.2 GT2RS was more powerful..

But I assume they are referring to their current offerings.
    Porsche 935 DP1 Zirkelbach
    930/10
    Resale red

Porsche 911, 1971
    2.5L on Webers
    Silvermetallic

Prefer the look of the 997 sport classic, bit of a boring drive however and I've put mine up for sale.

First I own a 2020 Porsche 911 Carrara (992):

It's the best Porsche 911 ever made (IMO). I also have a new 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo S LW on order. I plan to keep both of them.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

..another car that virtually no one will get. PORSCHE continues its unabated advertising (on this variant for example, and the Cayman GT4 RS) as if one only needs to stop by their local dealership and buy one off the lot or get an allocation for one. Pure fantasy between drastically cut production, a handful or allocations, and astronomical ADM's $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by mac73s View Post
    ..another car that virtually no one will get. PORSCHE continues its unabated advertising (on this variant for example, and the Cayman GT4 RS) as if one only needs to stop by their local dealership and buy one off the lot or get an allocation for one. Pure fantasy between drastically cut production, a handful or allocations, and astronomical ADM's $$$.
    That is not correct on the two Porsche dealers near me (five miles north, 5 miles south ). First, both have long time rules of no pricing over MSRP. I bought 5 at a discount to MSRP before the recent shortage.

The new Cayman GT4 RS, all the Porsche 991 GT3's, and the Porsche 911 Sports are sold out. Both dealer allocations are already spoken for. I think they make 24 different versions of the 911?

Of course, Porsche is a truck company as they sell more SUVs than sports cars. I have no clue how the 4-door cars, the SUVs, or the EV deals work. I'd never buy any of them.
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350